The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wish I got one, I'd have done the chicken dance. Would be better than Leona Lewis on top of a bus.
woo 'adored and respected member' aka 'you post too much, get a life...'
Original post by Petitsyeuxbleus
Ok guys,

As some of you will think I am a negative thinker I just want to say that I about about to give up and accept what has been offered to me for the summer as I put my life on hold until now 7 weeks after my recall audition!!!

I am a bit disappointed about the fact that we do not know anything at this point! I understand there is a lot of people that have auditioned but we can't be left out without knowing... my guess is we are not selected and they don't worry on how stressed we can be or the fact that this was so important for us to even update us... So as far as now I am about to move on and get on with my life... Really sad cause I really wanted more than anything right now to be part of this exceptional experience...

Wishing all the successful people the best and enjoy to the fullest for those like me who dreamed one day to be part of the most amazing show on Earth

Peace and Love y'all

What a shame - the offers for the paras only started coming in on Friday finally and they are clearly doing it in segments - hence all the '44FOPPers' yesterday and further segments will be being sorted right now. Can't you just hang on until at least the end of the week? I am sure there will be loads of offers coming in the next few days and especially on Friday.....we so want you to be part of it! :puppyeyes::confused:
Original post by Pinnerite
What a shame - the offers for the paras only started coming in on Friday finally and they are clearly doing it in segments - hence all the '44FOPPers' yesterday and further segments will be being sorted right now. Can't you just hang on until at least the end of the week? I am sure there will be loads of offers coming in the next few days and especially on Friday.....we so want you to be part of it! :puppyeyes::confused:

In full agreement. I know it's a torturous wait, but try and hang in there a little longer until you hear from them. Or alternatively, you can of course give them a call to see what they. I posted their number here earlier today.

Would so much love for you to be part of the dream too.
meant to say "to see what they SAY....."
Original post by AlecSp
My plan so far for Opening Ceremony night is to park at Epping (end of the Central Line and not too far from me) as the tubes should be running late. Sure we'll find out more about late transport closer to the date, mind.

Hiya! We were informed at the Props Induction that all rehearsals and ceremonies will fit around public transport times to ensure everyone can get there... and back!
Original post by Bignic12
What an abundance of activity!
Welcome to all the newbies, its great eh? to share the experiences with like minded people :smile:
So many different roles now being offered and with still some peeps to hear I feel that there will be good news and more unusual abbreviations!
So envious of those that have started their rehearsals..my mind is doing cartwheels as I try to imagine your excitement!

Did you get your oyster cards at the first rehearsal??
:0

Yep- fancy pants funky coloured Oyster cards! They've come up with a good system in all fairness. The logistics of it all is quite breathtaking!
Original post by Pinnerite
Flakeydom is fantastic but I don't think she is psychic :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::biggrin: b

Um no... not a talent I have! But everyone from last night and today now safely added to the spreadsheet. I'm going to grab dinner and then I'll do a 'scores on the doors' as to how many are still waiting from each audition.

Original post by Mandy_Panda
ISo TSR drunken night out after the opening ceremony guys? I doubt for those of us that live out of town that trains will be running, and we'll all be hyper. Def a cause for a few bottles of wine methinks!

You mean there's no official after-party a la Oscars! What are they spending that £11bn budget on!
Hi all, just a quick q to help my planning ... Am assuming some people know where the mysterious 1:1 is now? Would someone mind telling me how long TfL says it will take to get there from Victoria (to the nearest 10mins)? Would be v helpful, thanks x
I'd allow about an hour and 15 minutes. There is supposed to be a shuttle bus going back and forth from the nearest station to 1:1 but not sure how long that will take (or what the wait will be) - or it's just under a mile to walk from station to venue.
Oh dear - Excel has crashed twice tonight... grrrrr! Anyhow... luckily I'd saved it after updating..phew

So, for our 70 February auditionees (excluding the November reserves), the offers for each recall audition look like this

16 Feb - Opening 1
18 Feb - Opening 2, Closing 4 (2 understudies), Not Heard 5
19 Feb - Opening 4, Both 1, Not Heard 3
21 Feb - Closing 1, Para (no segment yet) 1, Not Heard 8
22 Feb - Closing 1, Not Heard 4
23 Feb - Para Open 3, Para Both 1, Not Heard 5
25 Feb - Not Heard 1
26 Feb - Not Heard 1
3 Mar - Not Heard 1
Unknown Feb date - Opening 9 (1 understudy), Both 2, Closing 1, Para Open 4, Para Both 1, Not Heard 6
Original post by Flakeydom
Um no... not a talent I have! But everyone from last night and today now safely added to the spreadsheet. I'm going to grab dinner and then I'll do a 'scores on the doors' as to how many are still waiting from each audition.

You mean there's no official after-party a la Oscars! What are they spending that £11bn budget on!

spreadsheets :wink:
And for our reserves (exc maclondon and Chicken Licken)

24 Feb - 2 Not Heards
26 Feb - 3 Para Open, 6 Not Heards
29 Feb - 1 Para (no segment yet)
No para audition - 2 Para Open, 21 deserves
Reply 6193
Oh myy - 1 hour and 15 from Victoria to get to 1:1?? Ooh can't wait for the first rehearsal end of June - I'm dying to hear all the details!
Well, I was giving you a little leeway for the Tube not behaving and the shuttle bus not being there. If everything went swimmingly well, you might just about make it in an hour...
Reply 6195
Oh ok. I just remembered how the email did say it was in Dagenham so I guess the travel time is expected!
Reply 6196
Oh dear - Excel has crashed twice tonight... grrrrr! Anyhow... luckily I'd saved it after updating..phew

So, for our 70 February auditionees (excluding the November reserves), the offers for each recall audition look like this

Flakeydom, I think you'll have put several readers' minds at rest this evening as they realise how many people still have yet to hear from casting. Hat-tip to you. Some careful Googling shows that the busiest days of rehearsal will have literally (yes) thousands of cast members in each session, so there should be places for almost all of us!
Hello everyone! I have been following this thread since January and it's been an amazing source of information, energy and positivity.

I went for my first audition 15th Feb and was recalled for Para ceremonies Sun 26th Feb at which we were told it was for closing ceremony although not exclusively. Upon returning home I realised I was actually on Holiday for Closing ceremony as thought it was in August. Emailed casting with my dilemma and they said if and when I get a casting offer I am to contact them to see if I can be moved to Opening.

So I am anxiously waiting to hear if I have been cast then if it's Closing ceremony then I need to beg and pray I can be moved. I want to be part of this SOOOOO much just wish I'd have known about auditions in November.

Anyway, that's my story and I hope we all get to hear very soon. If nothing less I thoroughly enjoyed the audition process and will take lots away from that alone.

Watch this space I guess ..... :-)
Reply 6198

16 Feb - Opening 1
18 Feb - Opening 2, Closing 4 (2 understudies), Not Heard 5
19 Feb - Opening 4, Both 1, Not Heard 3
21 Feb - Closing 1, Para (no segment yet) 1, Not Heard 8
22 Feb - Closing 1, Not Heard 4
23 Feb - Para Open 3, Para Both 1, Not Heard 5
25 Feb - Not Heard 1
26 Feb - Not Heard 1
3 Mar - Not Heard 1
Unknown Feb date - Opening 9 (1 understudy), Both 2, Closing 1, Para Open 4, Para Both 1, Not Heard 6

Thanks for the update. Am I the loner "Not heard" from the 26th? I'm not sure what I'm officially classified as because I told them my circumstances and they wouldn't let me be a reserve for the Closing...then much later I got an e-mail saying I'd been relegated to a reserve since I hadn't accepted within the deadline.

Once again another days ends with no news here. As always it's nice to know I'm not the only one in this position thought. Please let the casting e-mail fairies bring us good news tomorrow.

Petitsyeuxbleus what are you trying to organise for the summer? Can it wait another week? I know it's excruciating but there surely can't be much waiting left, we're on the final leg and it would be great if you got to join all the successful applicants.
Reply 6199
Congrats to everyone who have received their emails! It's all so excitingly close now :rave:

Flakeydom - I'm not sure what goes into the magical spreadsheet of yours, but as everybody seems to be giving you audition dates I thought that I'd join in the fun :smile: My first audition was 5th Nov (13:30) and my drumming recall was on 20th Nov (14:00).

Fingers crossed for all those waiting to hear.

Latest