The Student Room Group

BDO grad scheme 2024

Hi everyone. Haven't seen a thread yet for this so starting one now.

Who's applied so far? I'm applying for audit, September 2024 intake. Completed my online assessment and video interview a while back, got an email a week later (last Friday to be exact) congratulating me for successfully completing the assessment and that a final review is taking place.

How's everyone else doing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm going to do my online assessment and video interview today. Any advice? How much is the preparation time given for the video interview questions?
Reply 2
Original post by Uzair1997
I'm going to do my online assessment and video interview today. Any advice? How much is the preparation time given for the video interview questions?

Hi, I'd say be wary of the fact that your camera will be on throughout the assessment, not just the video interview. I'm not sure if I'm remembering it right, but they may have said that they're recording everything to ensure you're not cheating. Not sure tho. But they definitely have your camera on throughout. So be in a quiet area with no one around and make sure no one is seen on your camera. Practise your maths skills, and as for the video interview, don't fidget with the laptop too much to get a good angle of yourself, like I did! Speak in a calm voice. You have prep time of around 2 mins for each question. And 2 mins to answer if I remember correctly.
Reply 3
Anyone applying for tax?
Reply 4
Original post by Uthdonz
Anyone applying for tax?

Me!
Original post by Im M
Hi everyone. Haven't seen a thread yet for this so starting one now.

Who's applied so far? I'm applying for audit, September 2024 intake. Completed my online assessment and video interview a while back, got an email a week later (last Friday to be exact) congratulating me for successfully completing the assessment and that a final review is taking place.

How's everyone else doing?

Hi Mate, I received a similar kind of email." Congratulations on successfully completing our interactive assessment and for making it to this stage! We are now in the process of a final review and aim to get back to you as soon as possible". does this mean we are through to AC. Any advice would be beneficial.
I think so. I got the same email, and asked HR for update, they replied "you have successfully passed the assessment, a recruiter will be in touch with you soon regarding upcoming assessment centres."
Original post by vidhyaasagar
Hi Mate, I received a similar kind of email." Congratulations on successfully completing our interactive assessment and for making it to this stage! We are now in the process of a final review and aim to get back to you as soon as possible". does this mean we are through to AC. Any advice would be beneficial.
Original post by robert blue
I think so. I got the same email, and asked HR for update, they replied "you have successfully passed the assessment, a recruiter will be in touch with you soon regarding upcoming assessment centres."

Hello robert, good to hear from you. howdy? could you please share an email or ph no to reach out to HR.
Reply 8

According to a thread for BDO's grad scheme from last year, yes. One person said it means we're through to the AC. She said after a couple of weeks of receiving that email, she got the invite to an AC. This Friday will mark 2 weeks since I received that email.
Original post by Im M
According to a thread for BDO's grad scheme from last year, yes. One person said it means we're through to the AC. She said after a couple of weeks of receiving that email, she got the invite to an AC. This Friday will mark 2 weeks since I received that email.

Good stuff. Cheers! I've got an email 2 days back so, I guess I need to wait or reach out to HR for a confirmation. Please let me know if you receive any update or you reach out to HR for an update. Thanks once again for your reply.
[email protected]
Hello robert, good to hear from you. howdy? could you please share an email or ph no to reach out to HR.

"[email protected]" you can actually find it on their career web, cheers
Original post by robert blue
[email protected]

"[email protected]" you can actually find it on their career web, cheers

Cheers mate!
Reply 12
Good stuff. Cheers! I've got an email 2 days back so, I guess I need to wait or reach out to HR for a confirmation. Please let me know if you receive any update or you reach out to HR for an update. Thanks once again for your reply.

No worries mate, and yes I'll keep you updated if anything happens!
Original post by Im M

Did you get an invite? It is Friday...
Original post by mm1039

What were the video interview questions like? Was the maths and logical, situational questions hard
Was the logical test hard? Did the video interview questions require a lot of examples and practice as this is the area that I struggle on
Reply 16
Original post by mm1039

Nope! As of Friday, 16:03, still no update.....
Reply 17
Did you get the assessments automatically? I applied yesterday and haven't received anything, it just says someone will be in touch with me soon
Reply 18
Original post by Abhy
Did you get the assessments automatically? I applied yesterday and haven't received anything, it just says someone will be in touch with me soon

I got the assessment immediately after applying
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Mkhnas
I the assessment immediately after applying

Ahh I asked one of the ambassadors and they said will get in touch but how was the assessments

Quick Reply

Latest