The Student Room Group

What was the last film you watched Mk. II

Scroll to see replies

Nightcrawler: 8/10

The Angry Birds Movie: 5/10

Ex Machina: 7.5/10

Cop Car: 7/10

The Bling Ring: 8/10 (for the sexy girls, not the story :tongue:)

The Theory Of Everything: 9.5/10

300 - Rise Of An Empire: 6/10

Super: 7/10

Up: 9/10

The Gift: 7/10
Air Force One - 7/10

Neighbors 2 - 3/10 (I quit this movie after 30 min)
Star Trek Beyond - 8/10

Very nearly reaches Star Trek (2009) levels (my favourite of the reboot films) but fizzles off towards the final third.
The Jungle Book (2016) - 9/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by muf_mur
Air Force One - 7/10

Classic stuff. One of my all-time favorites. Gary Oldman is a legend, and one of the most underrated actors ever.
As for James Marshall (Harrison Ford),..greatest on-screen American President
Original post by Kendrik Lamar
Classic stuff. One of my all-time favorites. Gary Oldman is a legend, and one of the most underrated actors ever.

Ikr. I've watched it so many times. Gary Oldman is definitely a legend, for me his greatest villain role is as 'Stansfield' in Leon. James Marshall is also the most bad ass on-screen POTUS
Original post by muf_mur
'Stansfield' in Leon

WHOA! I can't tell you how excited I am to finally meet someone who's watched Leon:The Pro. Honestly, I think Oldman's portrayal of Norman Stansfield was way ahead of its time. Gary was in a zone there, kind of like Denzel in Man on Fire. If Leon was released in the past decade, Gary Oldman would mos def get an Oscar nod. I'm more shocked this character doesn't feature in AFI's 100 Heroes & Villains
WHOA! I can't tell you how excited I am to finally meet someone who's watched Leon:The Pro. Honestly, I think Oldman's portrayal of Norman Stansfield was way ahead of its time. Gary was in a zone there, kind of like Denzel in Man on Fire. If Leon was released in the past decade, Gary Oldman would mos def get an Oscar nod. I'm more shocked this character doesn't feature in AFI's 100 Heroes & Villains

Haha me too.

PRSOM
Cell - 1/10

Worst film I've seen for a while

Posted from TSR Mobile

when Leon came out a few film critics dismissed his performance as "over-acting".
Sabotage - 3/10

Crude, stupid, vacuous action flick. why schwarzinator signed up for this tripe i'll never know lol.
Original post by noggins
when Leon came out a few film critics dismissed his performance as "over-acting".

LOL...I know
Critics often miss it, especially if they literally have dozens of pictures to review each year. So many times they've gotten it wrong, or didn't get it until it was too late. The Academy too. Can you believe Dances With Wolves beat Goodfellas for Best Picture? Then there's one that I still cry about to this day: Ed Norton being denied an Oscar for his performance in Primal Fear:cry2::cry::bawling:screw you Cuba Gooding

Gary Oldman is in no way one of the most underrated actors ever.
Pan - pretty good 6/10 - nice graphics and story!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me Before You - 7.5/10
Emilia Clarke is a BAD actress.
Original post by Nightcall
Gary Oldman is in no way one of the most underrated actors ever.

It's kind of hard winning a debate against a statement that has the words "one of the", don't you think?
Tale of Tales- ?/10

I have no idea what I just watched. It was a pretty film, but Jesus, I don't know what that was.*
About Time, lovely sentiment of love and family. Love this film, as do I love many Richard Curtis films 8/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was really bored yesterday so watched four films:

Room - Brilliant, but really emotionally overwhelming in parts. Ma trying to hold it together and keep her son happy while she herself is in such a terrible situation, and later scenes trying to re-connect with the world outside, brilliant. Cried twice, maybe three times.

Inside Out: The only films I've ever felt ´meh´ about with Pixar were Cars and The Good Dinosaur (although the animation was phenomenal) but Inside Out is one of their stronger ones.

When Marnie Was There - Studio Ghibli, never disliked a single film they've made. Although this wasn't my favourite, I loved the story and trying to piece together what it's all about.

The Tale of the Princess Kaguya - Studio Ghibli, again. It's a shame I watched it late so I was a bit tired and it was longer so I was waiting to sleep at the end. The animation style is really cool and I loved the setting.
The Man Who Knew Infinity - 8.5/10

Quick Reply

Latest