The Student Room Group

Alleged rape by two footballers, woman too drunk to remember anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jeester
Definatly doesn't deserve five years in jail.

He wouldn't have got anywhere near that much if he wasn't a footballer.
It was just another drunken night. She was probably a slag.
People who are drunk should take responsibility for their actions or not get drunk at all.

If she had been forced then yeah, but she wasn't. There was no evidence of force at all and the other guy got off scott free. Unbelievable!

another fellow man using slag and bitch words. if woman is comatosed they dont need to be forced. it is still rape and your opinion is very horrible.
****ing hell. I just assumed this was the same old story - Girl sees footballer in club,Girl sees pound notes in her eyes , Girl does everything she can to take him to bed . footballer consensually shags fit drunk girl, wants nothing to do with her in the morning and then she cries wolf. Happens all the time, I remember cases with Jonny Evans, Van Persie and Ronaldo,lampard,crouch and that is just a few
Reply 322
Original post by badcheesecrispy
another fellow man using slag and bitch words. if woman is comatosed they dont need to be forced. it is still rape and your opinion is very horrible.

She was not comatosed... It said in the evidence that when McDonald or whatever the other guy was called asked if "[his] friend could join in" she said "yes". Now if that's not consent then i'll be buggerd.

This is why alcohol should be outlawed because of idiots like her.
If she said yes/consented and was drunk, but he arrived later; how was he supposed to know she was "too drunk" to consent? She's already in bed with his mate so he assumed her saying yes was fine.
Reply 324
another fellow man using slag and bitch words..

Also if a woman gets drunk and in to a car with a random person she is a slag. Standard procedure (spl?).
Original post by redferry
As reflected by the ridiculously high percentage of rape convictions :facepalm:

My friend a police officer pulled over a drunk driver whilst he was on his own on a patrol. The driver was a girl drunk and over the limit taking her friends home she didn't want to charged obviously so she started shouting my friend was trying to rape her, under the current law all it takes is an accusation for a male to be arrested for rape, and as he was on his own this made it even worse for him thankfully her friends weren't as stupid as she was and calmed her down. Even being arrested for rape puts a terrible stigma on you even with out being convicted.

I even read about a case about a daughter who said her father had raped her, he was convicted and 12 years after being put in jail the daughter confessed that she was lying.

Rape is a terrible terrible crime, worse than murder in my opinion cause the victim has to live with such a traumatic ordeal. But on the flip side it is a horrible thing to be convicted for with such blurry evidence as is clear in this case.
Original post by swiftylol
If she said yes/consented and was drunk, but he arrived later; how was he supposed to know she was "too drunk" to consent? She's already in bed with his mate so he assumed her saying yes was fine.

just because your friend is having sex with a girl doesnt mean you can to what planet are you on bro!?
Original post by Jeester
Also if a woman gets drunk and in to a car with a random person she is a slag. Standard procedure (spl?).

suppose man is too then. of course. suppose it is the same if a drunk man got into his friends car and his friend rapes him. why are males on here so bitter to females. maybe you've been cheated on repeatedly i have a great girlfriend and most family members are women and the attitude i see to them on here is bad.
just because your friend is having sex with a girl doesnt mean you can to what planet are you on bro!?

Maybe I worded my statement wrongly;

He (after getting a text) visits the hotel and finds them having sex

She consented (said yes) to him joining in

But yet it was still "rape" because she was "too drunk" to consent.

How was he meant to know that?

Especially since she was already having sex with his mate.
(edited 12 years ago)
Were the men who had sex with her drunk? If so, if she was too drunk to be held responsible for her actions can they also get off through being too drunk to be held responsible for theirs'?
Reply 330
This is ridiculous, I hope the judge gets raped by a dinasaur, 5 years for that? There was no force, she didn't say no, they were also on a night out.

I actually feel sorry for Evans, How the **** can you judge whether someones too drunk to consent when you've had a few to drink yourself, they havent drawn a line on how much too drunk is.

IF SHE SAID YES TO SEX, THEN IT IS HER FAULT FOR GETTING TOO DRUNK.

This makes being drunk a hazard.
Original post by Miryo
This is ridiculous, I hope the judge gets raped by a dinasaur, 5 years for that? There was no force, she didn't say no, they were also on a night out.

I actually feel sorry for Evans, How the **** can you judge whether someones too drunk to consent when you've had a few to drink yourself, they havent drawn a line on how much too drunk is.

IF SHE SAID YES TO SEX, THEN IT IS HER FAULT FOR GETTING TOO DRUNK.

This makes being drunk a hazard.

This.

According to this ruling I and a lot of TSR users could be sent to prison for rape!
Reply 332

How is it rape if she has said yes.

You have to be responsible for your own actions, you cant just get off the hook because you were drunk, you DECIDED to get that drunk and then you DECIDED to have sex with a man.

You weren't in a fit state to consent? OK don't get in that state then?
Reply 333
suppose man is too then. of course. suppose it is the same if a drunk man got into his friends car and his friend rapes him. why are males on here so bitter to females. maybe you've been cheated on repeatedly i have a great girlfriend and most family members are women and the attitude i see to them on here is bad.

Yes. Man is too. It's not the same as "a drunk man getting in a friends car", but it is the same as a drunk man getting in a strangers car.

I too have a wonderful girlfriend of three years and am lucky enough to have never been cheated on. Anyone who get's drunk and gets in to a randomers car is a slag/manslag. She did not get raped. It is perposrous to say she did.
Original post by Jeester
Yes. Man is too. It's not the same as "a drunk man getting in a friends car", but it is the same as a drunk man getting in a strangers car.

I too have a wonderful girlfriend of three years and am lucky enough to have never been cheated on. Anyone who get's drunk and gets in to a randomers car is a slag/manslag. She did not get raped. It is perposrous to say she did.

oh well judge and jury thought differently and he will have to live with his stupidity. i suspect other guys life will be affected in ways also.
Original post by Miryo
How is it rape if she has said yes.

You have to be responsible for your own actions, you cant just get off the hook because you were drunk, you DECIDED to get that drunk and then you DECIDED to have sex with a man.

You weren't in a fit state to consent? OK don't get in that state then?

cant blame the state anyone was in. stop losing your hair over this you probably get up to the same antics as you cant pull a sober girl yourself. let this be a lesson to males with your mindset
Reply 336
cant blame the state anyone was in. stop losing your hair over this you probably get up to the same antics as you cant pull a sober girl yourself. let this be a lesson to males with your mindset

"Can't blame the state anyone was in" ???
They're using the state she was in against Evans you moron.
Reply 337
oh well judge and jury thought differently and he will have to live with his stupidity. i suspect other guys life will be affected in ways also.

He should have followed the LADCode:
Never swim in a mates milk.
if the girl cant remember then there isn't much that can be done. forensics may try to find signs of forced penetration but if she was drunk chances are nothing was forced.
Reply 339
A lot of people seem to think that rape has to be about violence or coercion of some kind. If a person does not give consent, than that's enough to count as rape. This means that If the person is unable to consent, that is rape. It's simple as that.
If someone is so drunk that they are in no fit state to give consent then any sexual act performed on them is non-consensual.

In this case the jury believed that the victim was not in a condition where she was able to consent. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17791881

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending