The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Diaz89
No of course not Europe, Western Europe at least is a lost cause.I should've been more clear, politicians within those countries are seeking to ban it not holistic government.

That's worthless though when generalising for the entire country. It makes as much sense as saying the entirety of Britain all supports the Green Party's policies on Waste and Recycling.

It's clear though that our opinions cannot be reconciled and I do find debating with you to be a futile task, so I'll leave it at that.
One of the principles of democracy, every human possesses the right to freedom of expression and thought. People who of their own accord want to wear the niqaab/burqah. Prohibit this right?.

"“We are not Muslim bashing, but this is incompatible with Britain’s values of freedom and democracy.”

Wreaks of irony...

:clap:
Reply 322
jonjon123
Just like there is know such thing as kurdistan. :wink:

Excellent argument against what I posted :lolwut: I don't see how your opinion is relevant at all to this topic.

And there is such thing as Kurdistan, by definition - "Kurdistan (کردستان in Persian) is an area in the Middle East, inhabited mainly by the Kurds. Kurdistan covers parts of Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Georgia and Syria."

And we have plenty of autonomy in N-Iraq anyway - it's only a matter of time the other regions follow (hopefully with the fall of the Islamic Republic of Iran).
Reply 323
Avesta
Excellent argument against what I posted :lolwut: I don't see how your opinion is relevant at all to this topic.

And there is such thing as Kurdistan, by definition - "Kurdistan (کردستان in Persian) is an area in the Middle East, inhabited mainly by the Kurds. Kurdistan covers parts of Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Georgia and Syria."

And we have plenty of autonomy in N-Iraq anyway - it's only a matter of time the other regions follow (hopefully with the fall of the Islamic Republic of Iran).

Not official. Not recognized.
Reply 324
jonjon123
Not official. Not recognized.

No one cares, no one implies an independent state when they say Kurdistan. It literally means Kurdish inhabited areas, not a flipping country.

Besides, your opinion does not matter to me - you're most probably Arab. I know very well what most Arabs think of us.
Avesta
No one cares, no one implies an independent state when they say Kurdistan. It literally means Kurdish inhabited areas, not a flipping country.

Besides, your opinion does not matter to me - you're most probably Arab. I know very well what most Arabs think of us.

Nice! Thanks for generalising! Why does it have to be this whole us and them mentality? As someone pointed out before, some Muslims were actually born and bred here and this is their country as well.
Reply 326
twinsforever
Nice! Thanks for generalising! Why does it have to be this whole us and them mentality? As someone pointed out before, some Muslims were actually born and bred here and this is their country as well.

Seeing as Arab nationalism had 4000 of our villages flattened and rendered 100,000-200,000 of our civillians dead, I think it's a reasonable generalisation to make. Of course not all, but most despise us because heritage and culture are 100 times more important to us than some Arab imposed rubbish. Islam means submission, and we refuse to submit.
Avesta
Seeing as Arab nationalism had 4000 of our villages flattened and rendered 100,000-200,000 of our civillians dead, I think it's a reasonable generalisation to make. Of course not all, but most despise us because heritage and culture are 100 times more important to us than some Arab imposed rubbish. Islam means submission, and we refuse to submit.

Sorry I think I misnterpreted. Are you talking about England?
Reply 328
twinsforever
Sorry I think I misnterpreted. Are you talking about England?

Nope, jonjon123 dragged the discussion way off topic while trying to offend me (it didn't work).
Avesta
Nope, jonjon123 dragged the discussion way off topic while trying to offend me (it didn't work).

Oops! Sorry! :embarrassed: :blushing: :facepalm:
Reply 330
Lacewing
The misogyny, arrogance and cultural undertones of this statement are vile.

To Aeolus and Crazy Lemon your arguments in favour of race/religion are coherent and liberal. Yet you let statements like this pass without censor.

Where is your sense of liberal outrage here?

It's his opinion something he is entitled to, and quite obviously ridiculous in it's own right. But that isn't the topic here. Scantily clad girls aren't in danger of losing their rights to dress scantily. :confused:
Lacewing
The misogyny, arrogance and cultural undertones of this statement are vile.

To Aeolus and Crazy Lemon your arguments in favour of race/religion are coherent and liberal. Yet you let statements like this pass without censor.

Where is your sense of liberal outrage here?

Erm, its an opinion he is entitled to, he has no power to implement such a ban so it is harmless rhetoric.

censorship is totally illiberal

Latest

Trending

Trending