The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Hello,
I am just putting my GCSE grades in - there are many englishes 'english, english A, english B'
I'm unsure which one to pick, does it matter? Should I check my certificates?

And also when I put my AS grades do I put them as 'GCE Advanced Subsidiary (first award 2001)'?
And for my A levels do i put them as pending? As I will be sitting them in summer.

Original post by hello78

Original post by hello78
Hello,
I am just putting my GCSE grades in - there are many englishes 'english, english A, english B'
I'm unsure which one to pick, does it matter? Should I check my certificates?

Yes. Then pick which ever one it says on your certificates (including the exam board)

And also when I put my AS grades do I put them as 'GCE Advanced Subsidiary (first award 2001)'?

Yep.

And for my A levels do i put them as pending? As I will be sitting them in summer.

Yep, your A levels are pending. As are any AS subjects you're resitting - in this case you enter it twice, once with your AS grade from the summer and then again as the AS grade as pending for 2012.
Reply 262
Original post by oxymoronic
Yes. Then pick which ever one it says on your certificates (including the exam board)

Yep, your A levels are pending. As are any AS subjects you're resitting - in this case you enter it twice, once with your AS grade from the summer and then again as the AS grade as pending for 2012.

Thank you!! :smile:
Probaly silly Qs but our teachers havn't helped us at all!
Original post by hello78

Original post by hello78
Thank you!! :smile:
Probaly silly Qs but our teachers havn't helped us at all!

No question is a silly one - its better to ask than to get it wrong and wish you'd asked :smile:

A lot of teachers don't really have much idea about the UCAS process - they're not trained in it at all so its a weird situation whereby they're expected to be the experts when they're really not.
I have payed and sent my application through, and my referee has checked everything and sent it through to UCAS. However, when i log onto UCAS Apply and look at the bottom of the welcome page it says:

"Your application has not yet been approved by your referee/coordinator."
"Your reference has not yet been started."

Why does it says this even though its been sent?
Reply 265
Original post by --NWzD9--

I have payed and sent my application through, and my referee has checked everything and sent it through to UCAS. However, when i log onto UCAS Apply and look at the bottom of the welcome page it says:

Because it hasn't been sent

the process goes like this:
you complete all the sections except reference
you pay
you send the application to your school
your referee completes the reference section
your referee sends it to your coordinator
your coordinator approves and send it off to UCAS
UCAS sends it to universities
someone is hacking both my UCAS account and my e-mail account. Despite changing the password, they are still hacking them. Can I change my e-mail address on my UCAS application even though it has already been sent to the universities?
Reply 268
Original post by RastaMannn

someone is hacking both my UCAS account and my e-mail account. Despite changing the password, they are still hacking them. Can I change my e-mail address on my UCAS application even though it has already been sent to the universities?

yes. but go and ask on the techie board about virus scans and things

yes you can update your email. in case if you can't log in because that hacker changes your password, i believe you can just call UCAS and ask them to change your password for you :smile:
Reply 270
I have recently just sent my application of via UCAS, i applied to Lancaster for Mangement with Enterprise which entry requirements are AAB and was wondering what the chances of me getting an offer?
AS Grades:
CHemistry D
Biology B
Maths B
Physics B
I was predicted
A- Biology
B-Chemistry
B-Maths
My GCSE grades were 5A* and 5A's
any thoughts? also does Lancaster do interviews i am finding it really hard to find out on the website?
Thanks!
Original post by ejame
I have recently just sent my application of via UCAS, i applied to Lancaster for Mangement with Enterprise which entry requirements are AAB and was wondering what the chances of me getting an offer?
AS Grades:
CHemistry D
Biology B
Maths B
Physics B
I was predicted
A- Biology
B-Chemistry
B-Maths
My GCSE grades were 5A* and 5A's
any thoughts? also does Lancaster do interviews i am finding it really hard to find out on the website?
Thanks!

Hey

I'm in similar position to you in the fact that my AS grades were ABCD (I took subjects that I got ABD in to A2). I'm predicted AAC.

I applied to Birmingham for Music which is an AAB course. They don't usually interview, but I have an interview in December which I'm assuming is because I'm borderline.

Depending on your PS, reference etc, you may well get an offer. But then again, Lancaster may be very nit-picky about predictions and AS grades. Hard to say, but good luck all the same :smile:
Can you view what predicted grades your UCAS referee put on your application?
Reply 273
no, just ask your referee.
Reply 274
No, but they should tell you.

If not you can do a request under DPA from UCAS but this will cost you £10
Reply 275
Original post by Juno
No, but they should tell you.

If not you can do a request under DPA from UCAS but this will cost you £10

Interesting! It's my school's policy NOT to tell students their predicted grades but... I'm international so I guess it doesn't count.
Reply 276
Original post by 082349
Interesting! It's my school's policy NOT to tell students their predicted grades but... I'm international so I guess it doesn't count.
So they take responsibility for ensuring that your choices are realistic, do they? [Being international or not makes no difference, btw]
Reply 277
Original post by Minerva
So they take responsibility for ensuring that your choices are realistic, do they? [Being international or not makes no difference, btw]

Oh okay, I didn't know that. My school doesn't really do anything about our choices. They expect that students know what choices to put and if they don't, they should approach the counselor.

Everyone roughly knows their predictions based on internal school assessments but our exams are so skewed that sometimes it's hard to tell what teachers predict. E.g. only about 2% of students taking one subject received an A in our final internal exam but in the actual A-Levels, about 60-70% get A.

So yeah, it's not an ideal situation but everyone in my school thinks we just have to deal with it! It's not that bad, really.
Reply 278
Original post by Minerva
If you are applying through a school/college centre, you ‘send’ your application to your referee, who will then add your reference and submit your application directly to UCAS. You may have seen your reference before it is submitted, but your school does not have to show it to you.

I'm probably being slow but I want to make sure I understand - So I should 'pay and send' now, but the form won't go directly go off - it will go to the school to check the application and add the reference?
Original post by Tpos
I'm probably being slow but I want to make sure I understand - So I should 'pay and send' now, but the form won't go directly go off - it will go to the school to check the application and add the reference?

Yes.

Latest

Trending

Trending