The Student Room Group

How can I go to my insurance choice instead of my firm choice?

I have looked this up prior to asking this, yes, but to be honest I’m still unsure of what to do. When I first applied and then accepted by offers way back in January I was sure I wanted to go to my firm choice but now I really want to go to my insurance instead. I will probably get the grades for my firm choice, but as a few comments have said you can’t switch them around, so next week on results day, if I do end up accepted into my firm choice, what should I actually do? Do I have to ring up my insurance choice on the day? Do I need to contact my firm choice as well, if so by email or by phone? Do I need to go through clearing? Please help thank you
Original post by pinkyyy
I have looked this up prior to asking this, yes, but to be honest I’m still unsure of what to do. When I first applied and then accepted by offers way back in January I was sure I wanted to go to my firm choice but now I really want to go to my insurance instead. I will probably get the grades for my firm choice, but as a few comments have said you can’t switch them around, so next week on results day, if I do end up accepted into my firm choice, what should I actually do? Do I have to ring up my insurance choice on the day? Do I need to contact my firm choice as well, if so by email or by phone? Do I need to go through clearing? Please help thank you

You would need to decline your offer the ring your insurance university. It will be up to them whether they accept you. A few weeks ago you would have been able to get them to swap but that timeline has passed.
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
You would need to decline your offer the ring your insurance university. It will be up to them whether they accept you. A few weeks ago you would have been able to get them to swap but that timeline has passed.

Thank you
Original post by pinkyyy
Thank you

There is a comprehensive clearing FAQ thread that covers your situation here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7375264
Original post by pinkyyy

Is your insurance choice course showing as clearing vacancies on the ucas website?
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Is your insurance choice course showing as clearing vacancies on the ucas website?

I'm not sure to be honest.
I want to do Computer Science (with a placement year if relevant) at Oxford Brookes.
Reply 6
Original post by normaw
There is a comprehensive clearing FAQ thread that covers your situation here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7375264

Thank you
Original post by pinkyyy
I'm not sure to be honest.
I want to do Computer Science (with a placement year if relevant) at Oxford Brookes.

If you search on the ucas website then you can filter results to only courses with vacancies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending