The Student Room Group

Changing University Courses

I’m currently a first year student studying Sport and Exercise Science at university. I have completed the first semester and I’m not really sure I like the course enough to continue it for the next 2 and a half years. I have looked at some Law courses as they have always been something I am interested in. I’m contemplating dropping out of my course and applying for law instead. I’m scared I’m making the wrong decision and that if I also don’t enjoy the law course then I won’t know what to do in the future. Does anyone have any advice for me?
You don’t have to drop out to apply to start somewhere else in September. In most cases it’s better to complete and pass the year where you are while you apply elsewhere through UCAS.

Have a read of the University Transfer FAQ thread at the top of the applications, clearing and ucas.

Have you spoken to your current university about changing course to Law?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You don’t have to drop out to apply to start somewhere else in September. In most cases it’s better to complete and pass the year where you are while you apply elsewhere through UCAS.

Have a read of the University Transfer FAQ thread at the top of the applications, clearing and ucas.

Have you spoken to your current university about changing course to Law?
I have contracted my university about changing to law. They have stated I don’t fit the entry requirements so I’ll need to change universities in order to study it. I think I will finish the year at my current university and get the level 1 completion certificate as it will look better on my CV than a drop out while I apply to different universities to see if I can get accepted

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending