The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

0w3n-69
It's narrow-minded because just because you know Mandos and Cantos, it doesn't mean you know all the other different dialect speakers, does it? Just because you know them does that automatically mean you know what the Shanghainese Chinese dialect sounds like in comparison to the Mandarin it originated from for example..or just because you know a Canto speaker, that doesn't mean you have the knowledge of how there is, or is not a difference between the Canto spoke in Guangzhou with the Canto spoken in Hongkong...and therefore it means you don't have the understanding of whether one is sounds horrible or one doesn't....!

Also, it's just plain rude.
Reply 161
Brouhaha

Well send m'love :P haha x
Reply 162
African ones like the click languages, Hebrew, and some dialects of Arabic (Saudi/the Persian Gulf states)..
Reply 163
I am offended already
Delete this thread
I don't hate any language. I can't believe people think German is ugly though, though I am not surprised it came up :love:
Arabic.
Reply 166
German....hmmm.

Well, I've been living with them for the past 9 months, so I've heard it every day. At first, it seems ugly but then it becomes quite hilarious - and I have fun with my flatmate by 'germanifying' words to make them sound funny. Seriously, trying to sound like a German when you're not is funny.
Reply 167
Senem Boyaci
I am offended already
Delete this thread

By what? The fact that people think German is an ugly language?
Reply 168
welsh
Welsh, because (in the words of Ali G) it makes you sound like a div.
Reply 170
0w3n-69
It's narrow-minded because just because you know Mandos and Cantos, it doesn't mean you know all the other different dialect speakers, does it? Just because you know them does that automatically mean you know what the Shanghainese Chinese dialect sounds like in comparison to the Mandarin it originated from for example..or just because you know a Canto speaker, that doesn't mean you have the knowledge of how there is, or is not a difference between the Canto spoke in Guangzhou with the Canto spoken in Hongkong...and therefore it means you don't have the understanding of whether one is sounds horrible or one doesn't....

You don't need to explain to me what type of Chinese has what tones...i may be caucasian but i was born an lived in China until i was 12 years old and Chinese is actually my first language thank you very much!

It doesn't mean **** if your from south east asia to be honest...or if you can tell the difference between Mando and Canto..

my point is just because you think Mandarin and Cantonese doesn't sound good...theres no point even saying you don't think the other dialects of chinese don't sound good either...because you don't know what all of them sound like theres that many~! Even i haven't heard them all...

It's like saying 'Theres a tribe in the Amazon rainforest that has a horrible sounding language.....i've never actually heard it, but i've heard a language spoken in the villages near the rainforest..and that was horrible so i just assume its the same!'

Therefore you generalised! ALOT!

Err clever boy, every language has an accent English or German or Chinese so dont hit it to me so dont tutor me about the other branches of your trunk. I think I've placed a big fat "in GENERAL" on my first post. If i cant actually make a generalisation alone why the fack dont you tell the other guys, be it English or German they have different accents too. If you dont know this, well I should tell you that lots of people from China, be it Mandarin or Cantonese speakers or whatever travelled across the whole world, well enough for me to safely say in GENERAL I dont like the languages. Thank you very much

Brouhaha

How is it plain rude to dislike accents and languages? When i say I think the ugliest language there is is English.... is that rude of me? Surely you too have preferences. Im not all big hearted and all but surely you wouldnt really date all kinds of men there is in the world but that doesnt really make you rude does it?
xps.systems
!Xobile

*click* bile!! Lol...

In response to question, I love German even though many people don't like it. I think that all languages are beautiful :frown:
I think C++ is a pretty ugly language.

Latest

Trending

Trending