The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hskjlclcn
Looks like a 3 week timeframe for us acording to the media at least, which whilst incredibly exciting news in the long term does worry me for the start of next season, especially with only 1 striker..
at present we gotta be ranked bottom 3 in terms of squad.
Then again we might just get away with buying two or even one solid striker to keep us up.

Hate to damoen the party but as great a takeover as it is theres no sign he wishes to spend and spend well. On the other spectrum look at QPR
Original post by trustmeimlying1
at present we gotta be ranked bottom 3 in terms of squad.
Then again we might just get away with buying two or even one solid striker to keep us up.

Hate to damoen the party but as great a takeover as it is theres no sign he wishes to spend and spend well. On the other spectrum look at QPR

Forever cautious optimism with the Wolves!
Bolton charging away fans £30 this season. Christ.
Forever cautious optimism with the Wolves!
hardly! the stuff yeh read....quite the opposite..yeh hear more than whispers of champions league going around.

The first and most important obstacle is promotion. Then we can dream BIG.

P.S. madness that were linked to a lad worth £21 million (not worth it imho)
So, how's everyone's pre season going?

After Leeds first 45 minutes, I can confirm that we're going up as champions.
hardly! the stuff yeh read....quite the opposite..yeh hear more than whispers of champions league going around.

I agree, £21million for someone to play in the championship is ridiculous. Still, if the takeover goes through, we can get some decent players to replace those we missed out on (hopefully).

I'd buy 11 Jody Craddocks first and foremost :wink: we'll know more after Rotherham away. Can't say I know much about the 21 million kid but everything i've read about Cavaleiro seems promising!
I'd buy 11 Jody Craddocks first and foremost :wink: we'll know more after Rotherham away. Can't say I know much about the 21 million kid but everything i've read about Cavaleiro seems promising!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36852323
Yeah boiii

SCENES! What could possibly go wrong..
Can't really be bothered to explain anything about the raffle shambles at Chesterfield FC, but its made a few national papers so you may have heard about it. There's a thread here on OneFootballForum that briefly sums up everything wrong with my club at the moment (the posts on there are not me or anyone I know fyi)
Original post by joddcfc
Can't really be bothered to explain anything about the raffle shambles at Chesterfield FC, but its made a few national papers so you may have heard about it. There's a thread here on OneFootballForum that briefly sums up everything wrong with my club at the moment (the posts on there are not me or anyone I know fyi)

I didn't believe it to start with... silly buggers trying to cover it up :tongue: Very much a Dave Allen esque move though :wink:
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
I didn't believe it to start with... silly buggers trying to cover it up :tongue: Very much a Dave Allen esque move though :wink:

Yep, Allen is genuinely killing the club. I would take a relegation if it meant him leaving
Original post by Rock Fan
I am not sure I think it is the making of a cracker of a game, it will be one or two things, either Wednesday come out firing or they will be still deflated from the play off final. October 29th is another day, the Birmingham derby.

Im no expert on psychology but I think I can safely say that should Wednesday lose that game the chances of it being a 'hangover' from a game played over two months earlier are negligible.
(edited 7 years ago)
SCENES! What could possibly go wrong..

he turns out to be another Carson Yeung
Original post by Mackay
Bolton charging away fans £30 this season. Christ.

Another reason to support the Twentys plenty campaign.

Unfortunate coincident name. I immediately thought of the late comedian who did a lot of religious jokes.
he turns out to be another Carson Yeung

I'm all too aware of another Bhatti Brothers scenario. We can have hope that something positive won't go wrong for once!
We have sold our away allocation out at Wednesday.
We have sold our away allocation out at Wednesday.

Apologies for the extortionate ticket prices (again!!). It makes me sad to be charging people £42 for a 2nd division football game.
Apologies for the extortionate ticket prices (again!!). It makes me sad to be charging people £42 for a 2nd division football game.

I have a horrible feeling we will do the same in the return match.

Quick Reply

Latest