The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Pembroke College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kaddy_Dee
My best friend got an interview for Chemistry today. She got reallocated from Balliol (no surprise there). I'm still waiting to hear from Somerville, but thought I'd drop by and say good luck to all of you!

Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by jneill

Be nice :tongue:
Original post by Jordan\
Be nice :tongue:

Couldn't resist...
Reply 1183
Original post by Ozark
Can anyone else not open the drop box files they sent via email...

They should work, I opened it yesterday - maybe that's why. It's just a map of the college, instructions about tests and interviews and general instructions about when to arrive and stuff. What subject are you applying for and I can tell you what it says about it on the forms.
Reply 1184
Original post by 8752
They should work, I opened it yesterday - maybe that's why. It's just a map of the college, instructions about tests and interviews and general instructions about when to arrive and stuff. What subject are you applying for and I can tell you what it says about it on the forms.

All sorted now- thanks though!
(edited 8 years ago)
I got my interview through for HSPS yesterday. Anyone know what Dr. Mark Wormald is like for general interviews? Apparently he's the senior tutor.
Reply 1186
Original post by Phoebe-fuller
I got my interview through for HSPS yesterday. Anyone know what Dr. Mark Wormald is like for general interviews? Apparently he's the senior tutor.

How do you know he is doing your 'general interview' - is it because he doesn't teach HSPS? Just wondering cuz I have a history interviewer even though I'm not applying for history.
Hi everone, I have applied for Economics this year and I have recieved an interview invitation yesterday!!!
I am a bit worry about the admission test however as I have not found many information around the topic, could anyone kindly provide me some idea or range of topic I should revise on?
Thank you very much!
Congratulations!!

I'm now anxiously waiting to see if i will get an interview....
Original post by 8752
How do you know he is doing your 'general interview' - is it because he doesn't teach HSPS? Just wondering cuz I have a history interviewer even though I'm not applying for history.

Yeah he is an English tutor, even though I am applying for HSPS. Apparently the first interview is a 'personal statement interview' and the second a 'subject interview'. Though I do think they try to base your first interview on subject preference as well, eg English professor for history, or biology professor for maths, etc :smile:
Original post by Rishabh21
Congratulations!!

I'm now anxiously waiting to see if i will get an interview....

What subject did you applied to, I was really excited when I got it on Friday afternoon. I am sure you will get it next week!
I applied for Engineering... I'm from Scotland so I'm not really sure how its going to go :|
Original post by Rishabh21
I applied for Engineering... I'm from Scotland so I'm not really sure how its going to go :|

No worry, I think they started last friday and more will come around next week?
getting increasingly nervous ....wtf pembroke, ive got a friend with a B in AS art and she's got an interview from Peterhouse for architecture 2 weeks ago!?!?!?
Reply 1194
Original post by xijinping
getting increasingly nervous ....wtf pembroke, ive got a friend with a B in AS art and she's got an interview from Peterhouse for architecture 2 weeks ago!?!?!?

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll hear soon. I think they only just started sending them out last Friday.
Does anybody know anything about the Maths Test (or "Preparation") at interview? It would be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by 8752
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll hear soon. I think they only just started sending them out last Friday.

Cheers m8, just heard from them, my interview is on the 10th :smile:
Interview for Engineering on the 7th!!!
Original post by Zhen_1998
No worry, I think they started last friday and more will come around next week?

I got my interview invitation today! I'm going down on the 8th.

Can't believe it!
Original post by Jordan\
Does anybody know anything about the Maths Test (or "Preparation":wink: at interview? It would be much appreciated :smile:

You don't have a written test before hand.

On the day you will be given 30 minutes to look at and try to answer a series of questions. The interviews will be based on those questions there after as well as the usual stuff on personal statement etc...
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending