The Student Room Group

Oxford Colleges Mini Fridges allowed?

I am applying to Oxford University and am struggling with college selection. Which colleges allow you to have a mini-fridge in your room, or provide you with one themselves?

My shortlist of colleges are:
Brasenose
- Christ Church
- Corpus Christi
- Jesus College
- Lady Margaret Hall
- Magdalen
- New College
- Pembroke
- The Queens
- St Annes
- St Hughs
- St Johns
- Wadham
- Worcester

Please help me! Thank you!
Reply 1
I was at Pembroke and I had one.
Reply 2
It wasn't provided, though. I took it.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am applying to Oxford University and am struggling with college selection. Which colleges allow you to have a mini-fridge in your room, or provide you with one themselves?
My shortlist of colleges are:
Brasenose
- Christ Church
- Corpus Christi
- Jesus College
- Lady Margaret Hall
- Magdalen
- New College
- Pembroke
- The Queens
- St Annes
- St Hughs
- St Johns
- Wadham
- Worcester
Please help me! Thank you!
St Anne's allowed me to have one 👍.

I think a couple of things are helpful to remember:

if it's for a medical condition, all colleges are obliged to allow you (if not to supply you with) a fridge in your room, as a reason adjustment;

if it's about fridge space, some colleges have larger kitchens with more fridge space, some have no self-catering at all. This might affect your decision 😊.

Good luck!
Hey, I’m at Worcester in my first year and as far as I know the majority of us just get provided one with our rooms :smile:
Reply 5
Pretty much every room at New College has one.
Serious question: do people really make decisions about university applications based on the availability of mini fridges?
Reply 7
Original post by Stiffy Byng
Serious question: do people really make decisions about university applications based on the availability of mini fridges?

Yes, for real. At Cambridge, loads of people apply to Emmanuel because they do your laundry for free.
Original post by vnayak
Yes, for real. At Cambridge, loads of people apply to Emmanuel because they do your laundry for free.

I think that we may be doomed. Let's see if the chimps or the dolphins can make a better go of it.
Reply 9
Original post by Stiffy Byng
I think that we may be doomed. Let's see if the chimps or the dolphins can make a better go of it.

😂😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending