The Student Room Group

Trinity Hall or Pembroke? for History of Art

hi all,
I've been to the open day and I think I have 2 favourite colleges for History of Art, Trinity Hall and Pembroke! wondered what peoples opinions would be regarding which choice to make.

For Trinity Hall I liked how tucked away it was whilst still being in the centre, as well as the calm, small vibes it has. I know they don't get many applicants for HOA so I was thinking it might be a safer option as HoA is a subject that gets pooled quite often.

For Pembroke I loved how close it was to the HoA department and the Fitzwilliam Museum. its also got quite a good Art collection in there library. the size of the college is okay for me too, as I don't really like the big ones such as downing. My only thoughts are that due to the positioning and library, they get quite a handful of HoA applications each year, so I don't know if it's more of a risky option.
Cam local here😊 with connections to Trinity hall(and other colleges...):
I'd say Trinity hall, especially as its easier to get in. In a city like Cambridge where everything is 5 mins bike ride away so distance isn't a big factor - what I'd emphasise is if you're able to get in or not.

Tangent: biking is super nice in Cam as there are cycle paths and bike parking everywhere and traffic is terrible so biking is way faster than walking or bus/driving

Also some benefits of Trinity hall:
- 7th richest college (more wealth than Pembroke)
- nice facilities (you've probs seen on open day)
- the vibe there is nice there its very laid back and casual (in a good way!), not like Gonville and Caius (where apparently they have a billboard that ranks students in their exams and top students get first pick of dorms)
Reply 2
Original post by toothysmile
Cam local here😊 with connections to Trinity hall(and other colleges...):
I'd say Trinity hall, especially as its easier to get in. In a city like Cambridge where everything is 5 mins bike ride away so distance isn't a big factor - what I'd emphasise is if you're able to get in or not.

Tangent: biking is super nice in Cam as there are cycle paths and bike parking everywhere and traffic is terrible so biking is way faster than walking or bus/driving

Also some benefits of Trinity hall:
- 7th richest college (more wealth than Pembroke)
- nice facilities (you've probs seen on open day)
- the vibe there is nice there its very laid back and casual (in a good way!), not like Gonville and Caius (where apparently they have a billboard that ranks students in their exams and top students get first pick of dorms)

thanks for the advice!!
I think I'm leaning more towards tit hall at the moment, due to the points you raised and number of applicants per year for HoA, the acceptance rate there is more like 1/3!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending