The Student Room Group

Any PGDE applicants heard back?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
how often is everyone checking gttr then? Already doing it twice a day :colondollar:
Reply 21
I'v applied to Edinburgh uni for Primary as my first choice but not heard anything back, was told it could take 4 weeks after the dealine which was 1st december, but i sent it off middle of october so not sure! anyone heard from edinburgh uni??
Original post by kgoddess87

I'v applied to Edinburgh uni for Primary as my first choice but not heard anything back, was told it could take 4 weeks after the dealine which was 1st december, but i sent it off middle of october so not sure! anyone heard from edinburgh uni??

They were very late with replies last year.

Like I said, from what I saw on the TES forums last year all of the primary courses replied with interview offers/rejections in the week before Christmas and the interviews were all around 20th Jan. All of the primary PGDEs only had a couple of days of interviews which if you couldn't make it was a case of tough luck, apply next year.
Reply 23
us secondary lot just have to wait it out, without much of a clue then?
Reply 24
Original post by oxymoronic

They were very late with replies last year.

Like I said, from what I saw on the TES forums last year all of the primary courses replied with interview offers/rejections in the week before Christmas and the interviews were all around 20th Jan. All of the primary PGDEs only had a couple of days of interviews which if you couldn't make it was a case of tough luck, apply next year.

Thanks for that, only thing concerning me now is that iv read loads of people have been asked for confirmation of their modules and qualifications, but iv not had an email asking for this at all? I read on TES that even people who were asked for this info were rejected as well as accepted so not sure wether to worry about this or not!!

Thanks for that, only thing concerning me now is that iv read loads of people have been asked for confirmation of their modules and qualifications, but iv not had an email asking for this at all? I read on TES that even people who were asked for this info were rejected as well as accepted so not sure wether to worry about this or not!!

Have you not had anything on your MyEd? (they send you a tracking thing online, I think its called Euclid for non Edinburgh students) as I applied fairly early and I'm sure they got back to me really quickly to ask for information about my qualifications (despite the fact I was in my final year at Edinburgh so they could check it out with a click of a button) then swiftly rejected me as my degree wasn't a primary subject.

I'd just wait and see to be honest. It seems like you've had an acknowledgement from them so they've got your application then they'll reply to you when their ready, as Edinburgh do with everything!

Retro21
x

All I have to go on is what I saw/heard/read last year. It seemed that the secondary interviews spun the early part of the year at most universities so applicants heard at different times. Primary on the other hand literally had 1-3 days of interview (Aberdeen did 9am-3pm on 2 consecutive days) and that was that for the year. All of the primary interviews at Edinburgh/Aberdeen/Glasgow etc were within the same two week period so everyone found out the outcome at the same time. Then if you were rejected there was no chance of getting in elsewhere as they'd given out their places. Secondary operated differently and gave out offers/interviews more gradually, from what I remember although I didn't pay an awful lot of attention as it didn't apply to me.
Reply 26
cool beans, cheers.
Reply 27
bump.
Reply 28
Have you not had anything on your MyEd? (they send you a tracking thing online, I think its called Euclid for non Edinburgh students) as I applied fairly early and I'm sure they got back to me really quickly to ask for information about my qualifications (despite the fact I was in my final year at Edinburgh so they could check it out with a click of a button) then swiftly rejected me as my degree wasn't a primary subject.

I'd just wait and see to be honest. It seems like you've had an acknowledgement from them so they've got your application then they'll reply to you when their ready, as Edinburgh do with everything!

I sorted it all out now, it was a mistake and I hadnt received the email asking for the qualifications. Liz McLaren at Edinburgh sorted it and said they hadnt made any decisions yet (this was last week).
What was your degree subject if they rejected you? i thought u could apply any degree subject to primary teaching, ru applying for primary again this year?
Reply 29
I phoned Strathclyde yesterday and they said they'd probably let us (History) know about the results of our applications in the New Year, for interviews end of January.
Reply 30
hey, is any1 appyling for secondary pgde home economics? :smile:

also, how much work experience has everyone got out of interest?
Reply 31
I've got no experience, but have lined up one day a week at a primary Jan - June, and then a few days or so in hopefully at least three secondary schools.
Reply 32
hey retro, can see your applying to strathcylde too as ur 1st choice. but any chance do u know of how many places there are for each pgde subject?
Reply 33
absolutely no idea I'm afraid Jonni!
Reply 34
hey retro becuz when i emailed the lecturer to see if it was still fine to apply a week ago, she said that i wud need to hurry as she has 15 apps in already, which i assume is not a lot for a subject?
am sure a subject liike history wud have fierce competition?
I'm still waiting for strathclyde to get back to me its driving me crazy! I applied as soon as the applications opened in early october... Glasgow and edinburgh have already dished out interviews so I know its gonna be too late now if I dont get into strath to try for glasgow whos my second choice...
Reply 36
Original post by beautifulanger
I'm still waiting for strathclyde to get back to me its driving me crazy! I applied as soon as the applications opened in early october... Glasgow and edinburgh have already dished out interviews so I know its gonna be too late now if I dont get into strath to try for glasgow whos my second choice...

hey beautiful anger, what pgde u applying for? i think the interviews n all depend on the subject. like im applying for home economics and the lecturer said that the interviews for this particular subject begin on mid-january. i only put my application in last week cuz i know how slow scotland can be with applications, so didnt see the point off stressing out bk then. the only thing is to remain patient and wait. i also think that most should hear by the end of january. , not sure about me since my app was put in last week.

in terms of experience, how are you geared up there? do you know how many places each pgde course would be? jus trying to guess to give myself reassurance as 15 have already applied for home ec. according to the lecturer....:confused:
Reply 37
best thing would be to phone and ask jonni. Yeah history has a lot of people going for it, but my application has been processed according to them, presumably because they haven't been totally swamped yet.
Reply 38
if u dont mind me asking, r u from scotland like? i have to get all the different qualifications around my head like standard grades, highers lol...NO IDEA atm lol
Reply 39
yayyy! got an interview for Edinburgh uni on 28th january :smile: so excited, good luck to everyone else! xx

Quick Reply

Latest