The Student Room Group

Scottish PGDE Maths Application

Hi,

I've missed the UCAS application deadline for 2023 entry by a country mile, is there hope for me if i contact the universities i'm interested in and explaining my situation?

My situation: i've been working for 3 years now and couldn't apply for PGDE training due to not being eligible for the £20,000 bursary for training to be a maths teacher until now. I don't think i can stand another year and a half of working in an office.
Original post by equinoxia
Hi,

I've missed the UCAS application deadline for 2023 entry by a country mile, is there hope for me if i contact the universities i'm interested in and explaining my situation?

My situation: i've been working for 3 years now and couldn't apply for PGDE training due to not being eligible for the £20,000 bursary for training to be a maths teacher until now. I don't think i can stand another year and a half of working in an office.

Hey @equinoxia :smile: Yes I'd say a good first step would be to contact the universities and see what your options are. It depends on how many spaces each course tends to have vs the amount of applications they receive, but there is still a possibility you could submit your application even if it's later. Get in touch with the unis you're considering and see what they advise. We're still accepting applications for the PGDE Maths just now (linking here for info). Get in touch if there's any questions I can help point you in the right direction with for Strathclyde!

Good luck!!
- Caitlin :h:
Official Unviersity of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending