The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1620
Not for me it was all sorted in a week but thought I would post anyway because I know when I was in year 13 it was helpful to see which universities were more lenient
On results day I didn't meet my conditions but was offered a change of course which I accepted. Lucky I stuck with that uni cause on the day of enrolment they said I was getting into my first choice of course anyway so I was lucky and surprised. So enjoying my course and glad I stuck with that uni as I got my chance...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Age
Not for me it was all sorted in a week but thought I would post anyway because I know when I was in year 13 it was helpful to see which universities were more lenient

From my experience I would say the most leniant top universities are Royal Holloway, Southampton, Cardiff, Newcastle

Posted from TSR Mobile
Needed AAB to get into pharmacy, ended up scoring ABC (psychology, chemistry and biology respectively) and I got into Aston!! One of the best unis for the MPharm programme.
Anybody here missed their grades from KCL (AAA) i.e AAB and still got in?

I saw they were in clearing this year. I hope they are in clearing next year aswell if
things go pear shaped :frown: :crossedf:
(edited 8 years ago)
My offer from Surrey University to study Psychology was AAA but I got in with ABB!! So so happy! I'd say to firm your favourite uni regardless of your grades! You never know what might happen :biggrin:
I received an unconditional offer to study German with Dutch at the University of Sheffield with BBC despite them asking for BBB.

I think I may have been given the place since my personal statement is strong and I did my exams last summer, but still, got in with less.

Last year almost everyone I know got into their firm choice if they were only one grade under. Don't sweat it guys. Obviously try your hardest and aim for what you need, but don't worry too much if you don't make it.
Can someone tell me some success stories for getting into Brunel or Essex uni with low grades? Thanks
Original post by Toto123
Can someone tell me some success stories for getting into Brunel or Essex uni with low grades? Thanks

Someone I know needed BBB for business management and accounting for Brunel, ended up with BCD and still got accepted :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Toto123

They've been mentioned a few times on this thread. You can find some by using the search function at the top. Click on 'tools' (next to the page numbers either at the top or bottom) and use the 'search this thread' function for 'Brunel' and 'Essex', respectively.
needed AAA for sheffield law got BBB and got in. doing pretty well so far, 2:1 in 3 of the modules so far and hoping to get the same/better for exams this semester
Original post by Ndella
I needed BBB for History but I still got accepted with BCD.

what uni?
Got into Kings College London with ABB when I needed AAA (but I've dropped out hehe)
Original post by orphan_black
Got into Kings College London with ABB when I needed AAA (but I've dropped out hehe)

Would you mind telling me which degree that was for and in which year? Thank You
Original post by Zakriah
Would you mind telling me which degree that was for and in which year? Thank You

History for Sept 2015
History for Sept 2015

Oh my friend is applying for that too. She's the one who asked me which degree you did :tongue: do you have any idea what it was that made kings lenient on you? Perhaps your personal statement
Original post by Zakriah
Oh my friend is applying for that too. She's the one who asked me which degree you did :tongue: do you have any idea what it was that made kings lenient on you? Perhaps your personal statement
well I think it was my personal statement too alongside the fact that I got a very high UMS at AS Level, I got 99/100 on one of the AS units (but then I managed to get an E in my a2 exam leaving me with a B overall lol)
Oh so unis can actually see your ums mark?
well I think it was my personal statement too alongside the fact that I got a very high UMS at AS Level, I got 99/100 on one of the AS units (but then I managed to get an E in my a2 exam leaving me with a B overall lol)
Original post by Zakriah
Oh so unis can actually see your ums mark?

Only if you declare them in UCAS but my history teacher mentioned it in my personal statement heh
i know a girl who needed AAA for her dentistry offer and got ABB and still got in
and another who got AAB and applied to the same uni through clearing and got in (dentistry)
it is possible tbh

Latest

Trending

Trending