The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bluelezah
My firm was Loughborough and insurance was Sussex both needed AAB. I got BBC and I still got into Sussex!

Which course? Thanks in advance
Has aynbody ever got into SOAS to study Law with lower than their grande requirements? Please if anyone knows....
Reply 1642
These success stories are amazing and I hope this year some unis are lenient too.
I have an offer to study History and Sociology (AAB) at Warwick, but feel like I might end up with A* BB - an A* in History, B in Sociology and B in Psychology. However, A* BB has the same UCAS points and AAB and my personal statement is really strong, so do you think they might let me in?
Has anyone got into Warwick with lower grades?
And any students studying currently at Warwick, do you know how many students approximately do this joint degree because I feel like it's not as popular as other subjects there.

Would be grateful to know and get some help!
I needed AAB to study biomedical science but still got accepted at my first choice uni with AAC, don't worry too much Uni's are way more lenient than you would expect come results day. Good luck!
Reply 1644
Original post by tyrahaywood97
I needed AAB to study biomedical science but still got accepted at my first choice uni with AAC, don't worry too much Uni's are way more lenient than you would expect come results day. Good luck!

That's great!
If you don't mind me asking, which uni was your firm?
Original post by Onica
That's great!
If you don't mind me asking, which uni was your firm?

Uni of Leeds
Anyone know of Warwick accepting A*AB instead of AAA for Computer Science, or even A*A*B?
Has anyone got any Liverpool University success stories?
Original post by zadrnaks
Has anyone got any Liverpool University success stories?

Use the thread search feature...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Use the thread search feature...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did, not many :frown:

Go here. There are 35 mentions of 'Liverpool' throughout the thread.
Original post by Hydeman
Go here. There are 35 mentions of 'Liverpool' throughout the thread.

Of which 6 actually tell me success?
Original post by sophiewillis1

I didn't check each mention individually; I was simply trying to help out a member with the search function.

6 out of 35 isn't too bad for one thread on one website (especially since many of the mentions are presumably registered purely because of the discussion that follows success stories). :holmes:

Original post by sophiewillis1

The point is no-one can say for sure, but certainly many universities for many courses regularly allow 1 and sometimes up to 3 grades leeway.

Considering that most A-level predictions are rather optimistic in the first place, this is unsurprising.

e.g. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-35492915
"Last year, more than half of students accepted on to degree courses had missed their results by two or more grades, spread over three qualifications, Ms Curnock Cook said."
Any Bristol Uni success stories??

Specifically for Social Policy/Sociology/Politics? Although any will do to put me at ease!
Original post by mmmmmaddy
Any Bristol Uni success stories??

Specifically for Social Policy/Sociology/Politics? Although any will do to put me at ease!

Have a look here. There's one about social policy near the top, I think.
Any success stories for dmu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hydeman
Have a look here. There's one about social policy near the top, I think.

Thanks a lot! Read a lot about Bristol being very strict on requirements and turning people down who only missed a grade :frown:
Original post by mmmmmaddy
Thanks a lot! Read a lot about Bristol being very strict on requirements and turning people down who only missed a grade :frown:

Don't worry about it. :smile: As jneill explained, universities know from experience that most predictions are quite optimistic:

Original post by jneill
The point is no-one can say for sure, but certainly many universities for many courses regularly allow 1 and sometimes up to 3 grades leeway.

Considering that most A-level predictions are rather optimistic in the first place, this is unsurprising.

e.g. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-35492915
"Last year, more than half of students accepted on to degree courses had missed their results by two or more grades, spread over three qualifications, Ms Curnock Cook said."

Wait to see what happens on results day, and if you have missed your offer, make sure to call your university and ask if they'll take you anyway. Sometimes they do, so it's worth doing that before despairing too much.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
Don't worry about it. :smile: As jneill explained, universities know from experience that most predictions are quite optimistic:

Wait to see what happens on results day, and if you have missed your offer, make sure to call your university and ask if they'll take you anyway. A lot of the time they do, so it's worth doing that before despairing too much.

Not 'a lot of the time' because they received your result the weekend prior and have already decided you weren't good enough. It happens very rarely that way.

Latest

Trending

Trending