The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria Applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hopingforuni12
Hey, does anyone know if you can apply for two post applicant days that happen on the same day? :smile: be helpful is someone could tell me.

Hello,

Did you ask this question on our Facebook? If so, did you get this sorted? :smile:

Leanne
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 141
Original post by StacFace
As I understand it the uni is 'Northumbria University' but 'City Campus East' and 'City Campus West' are collectively referred to as 'Northumbria University at Newcastle' (as Coach Lane isn't in the city centre, and they also have a postgrad art/fashion school in London).

I think about 20 years possibly more ago it was called Newcastle poly technique college :smile:
Reply 142
I've applied for a course in Computer Forensics at Northumbria University but have a few questions, my UCAS application was sent to the university on the 5th and I'm yet to be accepted.

Will the fact I submitted my application later than most affect my chances of being able to stay in the halls of residents?

I'm doing a technology/computing course, which campus is my course likely to be situated at? - I've heard it's the city campus.

If your a current student....whats the night life like and how did you find living in halls?

Thanks in adv.
Original post by xenex844
I've applied for a course in Computer Forensics at Northumbria University but have a few questions, my UCAS application was sent to the university on the 5th and I'm yet to be accepted.

Will the fact I submitted my application later than most affect my chances of being able to stay in the halls of residents?

I'm doing a technology/computing course, which campus is my course likely to be situated at? - I've heard it's the city campus.

If your a current student....whats the night life like and how did you find living in halls?

Thanks in adv.

Your chances of getting in wont be affected unless your application is sent in after the 15th of January so you'll be fine. They're probably still dealing with all the backlog from christmas :smile:
And halls accommodation is normally prioritised to first years on a first come first served basis of the accommodation application not the UCAS application :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Thanks in adv.

Hello,

As long as you have applied before the deadline you should be fine. What course is it you are doing? If it is based in the School of Computing, Engineering and Information Sciences you will be based at the City Campus. The other campus is only for Health, Community and Education Studies courses.
The night life is brilliant, Newcastle attracts a lot of people from all over the country for things like stag/hen nights and weekends away. It has a great variety of clubs and bars, so if you have a specific taste you are likely to find somewhere. It's a lot cheaper than a lot of places for night outs too which is always a bonus! I've been on nights out in other cities and they don't really compare if I'm honest, Newcastle is definitely more exciting.
With regards to living in halls, I didn't actually live in halls. I lived in a flat with my friend in an area called Heaton. However, many of my friends lived in halls and they really enjoyed it. They said it was a great experience, easy way of getting used to being independent and they felt safe being in halls due to the security of being so close to campus. They didn't necessarily like everyone they lived with, but it helped them learn what sort of people they would like to live with the following year. I'd definitely recommend the halls experience as that is something I missed out on, I wish I had gone into halls.

Does this help?

Leanne :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Care-Free
I couldnt get 3 A's without devine intervention :P
I got ACD last year (wasnt impressed) but decided rather than re-sitting i'd just push it all up a grade this year so i e-mailed northumbria and they said they'll accept me with A*BC :smile:

Haha me neither, don't know how some people manage to get three A's! That's good that they will you let you in with A* B C :smile:

Thanks in adv.

If ur tidying computer forensics ur in the pandon building right? The department of Computing and Engineering Sciences? R u going to any of the post application open days?
Got an Interview for Northumbria on the 17th of February for Fashion Communication! I'm really excited but its getting tricky to cut down everything for my Visual CV... I guess its better to have too much than too little.
Anyone else applied to Fashion Communication ?
Reply 148
Got an unconditional offer for "Ethical hacking for Computer Security". Is there anyone who is studying for that course? How do you find the course? Useful subjects for a pentesting career?

I have looked at modules and the syllabus seems to me very good, but probably a student can give me a better overview from an inside perspective.

isengard1
Dunno whether to go here or go to Surrey.

Help.
Reply 150
Got an offer for History.
Reply 151
Original post by KingGoonIan

Help.

Haha alreet mate:yy:
Original post by TM94
Haha alreet mate:yy:

Lol *waves* alreet?

Help.

Have you visited them both?

If so, you might have to go with the age old positives V Negatives list...
Have you visited them both?

If so, you might have to go with the age old positives V Negatives list...

I have and I will but I'm wondering if anyone could give me some positives and negatives of Northumbria?
I have and I will but I'm wondering if anyone could give me some positives and negatives of Northumbria?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1705218

That's a Q&A thread from Northumbria I'm sure they can tell you why you should choose them :smile: (although they'll obviously be biased!)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1705218

That's a Q&A thread from Northumbria I'm sure they can tell you why you should choose them :smile: (although they'll obviously be biased!)

Thanks I was really hoping for some current or previous students. I've read some reviews that I found using Google which were disappointing to say the least.
Thanks I was really hoping for some current or previous students. I've read some reviews that I found using Google which were disappointing to say the least.

Not sure how good it is but there's a site called push.co.uk which has student reviews including nightlife and prices of alcohol...(amongst other less important things like student:teacher ratios :wink: ) :smile:
Not sure how good it is but there's a site called push.co.uk which has student reviews including nightlife and prices of alcohol...(amongst other less important things like student:teacher ratios :wink: ) :smile:

Thanks will take a looksy :smile:
Original post by RichardJames

Original post by RichardJames
Got an Interview for Northumbria on the 17th of February for Fashion Communication! I'm really excited but its getting tricky to cut down everything for my Visual CV... I guess its better to have too much than too little.
Anyone else applied to Fashion Communication ?

I have an interview on 15th February and I'm in the same position. I know the interview is in a group and we have to discuss our visual CV but is that all we have to do in the interview? I was going to use power point so I could fit more in rather than the A3 card...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending