Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry University Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by pedro1992
Any one here applying for Biomedical science or Human Bioscience, if their is have you recieved a reply and what was it.

I also have a conditional offer for biomedical science, I'm going for an applicant day next week
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 161
I've got a conditional offer for sport psychology :smile: I'm thinking Coventry is my second choice, anyone doing the same course?
Reply 162
Just accepted Cov as my firm for physiotherapy :biggrin:
Reply 163
Original post by SLucy
Just accepted Cov as my firm for physiotherapy :biggrin:

Wicked!! :biggrin:
Hi guys,

I got accepted into BA Photography, I am most certainly going to choose Coventry as my Firm, But before I do, I want to know what life is like outside the university, In terms of job opportunities, entertainment ect...

I just want to make sure that as well as getting a good degree, that I have a secure surrounding.

Cheers.
Reply 165
Original post by luketodd93
Hi guys,

I got accepted into BA Photography, I am most certainly going to choose Coventry as my Firm, But before I do, I want to know what life is like outside the university, In terms of job opportunities, entertainment ect...

I just want to make sure that as well as getting a good degree, that I have a secure surrounding.

Cheers.

Hey, :smile:

I was in same position like you a few months ago, i did a lot of research and questioning to staff at the open day and teachers at my school. its an amazing city to be in, really clean, safe and friendly people.
Job prosperity is 94% according to their prospectus. :smile:

Here's a few sites for you to look at :smile:

http://unistats.direct.gov.uk/

^ type is your course and coventry and it will give you all the info :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Coventry_University

^ i believe this was worth reading too!

hope it helps :smile:
Reply 166
Original post by luketodd93
Hi guys,

Cheers.

Most things are pretty close together, so there's the cinema, clubs, ice hockey matches, ice skating as entertainment I can think of off the top of my head. The uni has lots of societies for different sports, even ones such as snow sports, so there's plenty to do. I don't know many people with jobs, but there's plenty of shops and restaurants so maybe you'll get lucky. They also employ in the uni as well, so look out for that over the summer months.
Reply 167
I just firmed to do medical and pharmacological science :biggrin: so excited !!
Reply 168
I went to an Open Day yesterday and I wasn't really impressed. There wasn't anyone there talking about languages. The entire George Eliot building seemed completely empty.
i got a condition offer of BCC from Coventry uni to study psychology but I'm wondering will I still be offered a place if I get BCD instead because I know some people who have... not for this course but another course
Reply 170
Original post by Mmm chocolates
i got a condition offer of BCC from Coventry uni to study psychology but I'm wondering will I still be offered a place if I get BCD instead because I know some people who have... not for this course but another course

My boyfriend does psychology with me and swears that he didn't match the offer but they still accepted him, so you might get lucky. It depends on how many people reach their offers.
Original post by syrettd
My boyfriend does psychology with me and swears that he didn't match the offer but they still accepted him, so you might get lucky. It depends on how many people reach their offers.

Thank you and I hope I do get in because i want to study psychology further :biggrin:
I got an offer from Coventry in early January for business economics they want BBB, I picked cov as my insurance and liverpool my firm. Is there anyone els whos doing business economics or economics at cov? and i really dont get this student finance stuff, do you apply for grants/bursaries now or in september when you have confirmed your place?
Original post by M.Abdullahi
I got an offer from Coventry in early January for business economics they want BBB, I picked cov as my insurance and liverpool my firm. Is there anyone els whos doing business economics or economics at cov? and i really dont get this student finance stuff, do you apply for grants/bursaries now or in september when you have confirmed your place?

Hi I also don't get the student finance bit but I do know that you have to apply by the 31st of May
Reply 174
Has anyone applied for Forensic and Investigative studies?? I got a Conditional yesterday.

x
Reply 175
Original post by Emma93
i've got an offer from there for Dietetics:smile: it was BCC. they dont interview which i find quite weird as all the others do!

Hi I've been given the same offer for dietetics as well! Coventry wasn't my original first choice but I've decided to change my mind and head off to coventry come september :smile:
I've heard that even though the student night life aspect isn't the best its okay- after looking at a lot of unis- the pros and cons of each uni are the same
Good luck with dietetics interviews and everything! :smile:
Reply 176
Hi

Congratulations on your offer!

Did you only just hear back from Coventry? As I applied a while ago for Dietetics and admissions told me my application hadn't even been reviewed yet!

Amie.
Reply 177
Original post by labd
Hi I've been given the same offer for dietetics as well! Coventry wasn't my original first choice but I've decided to change my mind and head off to coventry come september :smile:
I've heard that even though the student night life aspect isn't the best its okay- after looking at a lot of unis- the pros and cons of each uni are the same

Hi

Congratulations on your offer!

Did you only just hear back from Coventry? As I applied a while ago for Dietetics and admissions told me my application hadn't even been reviewed yet!

Thanks

Amie (Sorry I've repeated message, did it wrong!)
Reply 178
Original post by labd

The night life in Coventry is as good as you can make it. Coventry is a hugely student oriented city. As half of the city is basically just the university, the city is very welcoming towards students and there are a huge amount of clubs and bars designed almost entirely for students.

It is much better than many towns with a campus Uni, where students are only accepted in the town/city centre one or two nights and week and the rest of the time they are not welcome.

Every night is a student night in Coventry :smile:
got an offer for business management, made them my firm choice :biggrin:
sooo happy!!

Quick Reply

Latest