The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

About to retake my third year but i want to change universities

So i go to UEL and im studying interior design, my first year went well but i had a lot of issues going on in my personal life and with COVID-19 as well i pretty much didnt attend most of my second year and failed my third, i want to move to coventry university but i dont know the steps to doing that at all, its getting closer to application times as well and i feel so overwhelmed by all this. Can i have any advice plz?
Original post by LeanneRT
So i go to UEL and im studying interior design, my first year went well but i had a lot of issues going on in my personal life and with COVID-19 as well i pretty much didnt attend most of my second year and failed my third, i want to move to coventry university but i dont know the steps to doing that at all, its getting closer to application times as well and i feel so overwhelmed by all this. Can i have any advice plz?

As Coventry University say here:

"If you would like to transfer to us from a university that is not part of the Midlands Enterprise Universities group, please submit your application to us via UCAS."

BTW, why do want to move? Why do you think another university would be keen to accept you given that you failed your third year?

Wouldn't it be easier just to stay put, buckle-down, and get through your second attempt at year three where you are?
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
As Coventry University say here:

"If you would like to transfer to us from a university that is not part of the Midlands Enterprise Universities group, please submit your application to us via UCAS."

BTW, why do want to move? Why do you think another university would be keen to accept you given that you failed your third year?

Wouldn't it be easier just to stay put, buckle-down, and get through your second attempt at year three where you are?

i am coming to that conclusion as well. I just feel really anxious about going back to UEL, in a new class not knowing anyone but the lecturers and them knowing how i was when i was there before (i was going through a really rough patch mentally due to this toxic freind and was smoking a lot of cannabis which was affecting my studies, my lecturers knew about everything going on). I think it also comes from the embarrassment and shame i got when i failed the third year. I felt like a fresh new start would be better for me. But at the same time i dont think its worth messing up my degree if it doesnt go my way. Maybe itll be better if i just get a studio so im away from my toxic family, put most of my time into my studies and then do a post graduate degree at Coventry instead in a few years time.
i am coming to that conclusion as well. I just feel really anxious about going back to UEL, in a new class not knowing anyone but the lecturers and them knowing how i was when i was there before (i was going through a really rough patch mentally due to this toxic freind and was smoking a lot of cannabis which was affecting my studies, my lecturers knew about everything going on). I think it also comes from the embarrassment and shame i got when i failed the third year. I felt like a fresh new start would be better for me. But at the same time i dont think its worth messing up my degree if it doesnt go my way. Maybe itll be better if i just get a studio so im away from my toxic family, put most of my time into my studies and then do a post graduate degree at Coventry instead in a few years time.

That sounds like an excellent plan. :smile:
Reply 4
thank you for your help :smile:

Hi there,

It looks like you seem happy with your decision however in case you decide to change your mind, I've included some information you could have a look at regarding transferring to our university.

I can ensure that the environment and student experience at Coventry University is pleasant and enjoyable. It terms of transferring to our university, the best thing to do is call the uni and ask them about the process of transferring, since you will get a better idea of the process, before submitting your application at UCAS. (I have included the contact details below). We are also hosting our next open day this Saturday. I highly recommend coming along. The Admissions Teams should be available on the day so you can discuss about the transferral too.

UK students
Residents of the UK who are interested in studying with us or who have applied already can contact:
Student lines are open Monday - Friday 8:00am - 19:00pm GMT, Saturday 8:00am - 15:30pm GMT and closed Sunday.

International students
International residents who are interested in studying with us or have applied already can contact:
Student lines are open Monday - Friday 8:00am - 19:00pm GMT, Saturday 8:00am - 15:30pm GMT and closed Sunday.

I hope this helps. Again, you can ignore this if you have already made your decision.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. 🙂

Best wishes,
Narusha
Coventry University Student Ambassador
(edited 5 months ago)

Hi! Please contact the Customer Experience Team at our different campuses.
Coventry University London- 020 7247 3666
CU London- 020 3873 0700

Or contact our regional recruitment team directly. https://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-coventry/parents-and-teachers/meet-the-team/

Quick Reply

Latest