The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GreenLantern1
It was alright - I definitely thought I did well, but there was one calculation I was a bit iffy on.

I'm on OCR MEI. For the AS Maths, the applied module is S1. I did Statistics GCSE, so S1 is really easy :smile: And for A2 we will start M1 - I know all about the SUVAT stuff from physics ad add maths FSMQ, so hopefully that will give me a head start - but i heard that mecahnics is the hardest strand of applied modules, but with that said I really wouldn't want to do decision maths

I'm sure you did well; no resits for you, trust me heheh.Did you do all 6 of those exams! Woah, are you doing Additional Further Maths?

They managed to make a mistake on my paper :tongue:

I wanted to do stats GCSE but there weren't enough teachers so I ended up in Food Tech :tongue: I find mechanics the hardest because I'm not great at visualising. And decision's tedious :tongue:

I wouldn't be so sure - there were some absolutely horrible questions in M2 and D2 had some really stupid overcomplicated context that I didn't really understand. I'm not on MEI, just OCR, so it doesn't count. I'm doing 15 modules, so it would be an AS AFM if I was on the right board.
Sooooooo....
Who's nervous yet excited?
Original post by adamcusirinzon
Is anybody waiting for OCR Chemistry A F321 results? If so, what do you think the raw grade boundaries will be?

Yep meeee :smile:
I think theyll be lower than usual, not super low tho. some of the questions just required us to think more. On the whole, some of the questions were really easy, like the 6 marker on bond comparison - most GCSE students wouldve been able to get at least 3 or 4 on that.
Original post by lifeisred
My school's making us wait till the 9th, because there's an inset day on the 8th. They're so ridiculoussssss.

Not to sound stupid or anything, but what's an inset day? :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Original post by RMW1994
Ah March the 8th-results day.. 9th March the day i potentially get shipped off to a caribbean boarding school or die! Eeeeek proper nervous this day like decides whether i'm going to make it to uni or not.. :/

Lol a bit drastic don't you think? :O
Reply 1224
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l

Not really..kinda had to retake stuff so if i haven't done better this time round i'm screwed.
Original post by anuradha_d
Sooooooo....
Who's nervous yet excited?

Me!
I got too used to finding my results out straight away when revising, since I would mark past papers straight after doing them
This wait has been killing me -.-
Reply 1226

Spoiler

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inset_day :smile:

Spoiler

An inset day is a day off school for teacher training.

Spoiler

Original post by Sockhead
Me!
I got too used to finding my results out straight away when revising, since I would mark past papers straight after doing them
This wait has been killing me -.-

Hahawww
ME TOO!

Murderous.

And the teachers get the results Tuesday Night/Wednesday Morning, so I'll be sitting through my Physics and Chem lessons knowing my teachers are silently judging me, and knowing they know my graaddeess D; D:
Reply 1229
oh gosh...im really scared now....nearly a week to go arghhhhh :frown:
From tomorrow, 9 days :biggrin:
Reply 1231
im gonna die. Loool
Original post by RMW1994
Not really..kinda had to retake stuff so if i haven't done better this time round i'm screwed.

Oh okay I see. You presumeably worked harder and therefore got a better grade this time round :smile:
I presume you're in A2; out of curiosity what subjects are you doing?

Ah okay, so a fancy word for a teacher training day.
Thanks for the erm link :biggrin:

An inset day is a day off school for teacher training.

Spoiler

Oh I see thanks :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by Raj K
im gonna die. Loool

Not for another 10 days :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Raj K
im gonna die. Loool

We're all in this togetherrrr!
Reply 1234
Oh okay I see. You presumeably worked harder and therefore got a better grade this time round :smile:

Yeah in A2 :biggrin: um doing sociology,english combined and drama! you?
Reply 1235

Ah okay, so a fancy word for a teacher training day.
Thanks for the erm link :biggrin:

Oh I see thanks :biggrin:

Not for another 10 days :biggrin:

Spoiler

loool yeaahhhh let's make the most of it!!!! !!!! :biggrin:
Yep meeee :smile:
I think theyll be lower than usual, not super low tho. some of the questions just required us to think more. On the whole, some of the questions were really easy, like the 6 marker on bond comparison - most GCSE students wouldve been able to get at least 3 or 4 on that.

Yeah, I agree with that. Some questions were actually sub-standard for normal and others were really quite difficult in comparison to previous examination papers
Reply 1237

TRUE :wink:
March the 8th? It's too soon :frown:
I just hope i won't have to resit any modules, it's not even long until the next exams :cry2:

I have the High School Musical song stuck in my head now >.<

Quick Reply

Latest