The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hopple
*insert spoiler here*

Spoiler

On another note, I love Theon so much.
Reply 1221
Original post by Michaelj
Well since book 3 is getting split into 2 seasons (confirmed), I imagine they will use as much of the source as possible otherwise we'll be looking forward to 5 episodes related to the source and 5 complete filler episodes. o.0

Oh, they won't struggle to fill ten hours. Just do it at the nice pace of this latest episode and they'll still have to cut stuff out :tongue: Heck, they'd still have to cut stuff out if they did it like the first episode, but I'd rather they not do that XD
Original post by angelbones

On another note, I love Theon so much.

I'm liking him more (or disliking less) than I did in the books

Original post by Hopple

I'm liking him more (or disliking less) than I did in the books

Spoiler

One thing that irritates me is the way they're portraying Jon. He's not a whiny brat.
Lol in the show Jon looks gormless and stoned 24/7 and gets angry very easily. Some of my female friends say they fancy Sam Tarly over Jon because Sam is a virgin and always nervous, humble and sweet. (I did mention Jon was also).

I feel sorry for Theon a little, he gets **** on by everyone and blatently wants people to think better of him.
(edited 11 years ago)
Stannis is neither written nor played correctly. Stannis is a man of IRON. He has an iron will and an unshakeable sense of justice and duty.
Reply 1225

One thing that irritates me is the way they're portraying Jon. He's not a whiny brat.

Lol in the show Jon looks gormless and stoned 24/7 and gets angry very easily. Some of my female friends say they fancy Sam Tarly over Jon because Sam is a virgin and always nervous, humble and sweet. (I did mention Jon was also).

I feel sorry for Theon a little, he gets sh*t on by everyone and blatently wants people to think better of him.

I think most of Jon's character is in his thoughts, not deeds, and to give the actor something to work with this character is the best they can do. Else he'd just be an obedient robot :tongue:
Original post by Hopple
I think most of Jon's character is in his thoughts, not deeds, and to give the actor something to work with this character is the best they can do. Else he'd just be an obedient robot :tongue:

You make a good point there tbh
Original post by Hopple

But even so, he didn't ASK to go with Qhorin Halfhand, Qhorin asked him to come. Partly because of Ghost, partly because he's related to Benjen Stark, partly because he'd fought off the wight at Castle Black.

.....The more I think about the show, the more pedantic I get :tongue:
But even so, he didn't ASK to go with Qhorin Halfhand, Qhorin asked him to come. Partly because of Ghost, partly because he's related to Benjen Stark, partly because he'd fought off the wight at Castle Black.

Well don't be, I read the books also and I don't compare everything with the books. Even George Martin said some readers are too obsessed and need to chill out as adapting something from book to show is a hard job and they need to explain things better as they can't show thoughts of people. Also don't forget season 2 is based on a big book so they are boung to skip lots of stuff out. (thought im disappointed they havent included Ghost's wolf dream). Season 3 and 4 are both based on SoS so I suspect they will include most things there.

ps: why do women loved the word pedantic all the sudden? I mean a friend from work told me to stop being a "pedantic ars*hole" lol.
(edited 11 years ago)
Well don't be, I read the books also and I don't compare everything with the books. Even George Martin said some readers are too obsessed and need to chill out as adapting something from book to show is a hard job and they need to explain things better as they can't show thoughts of people. Also don't forget season 2 is based on a big book so they are boung to skip lots of stuff out. (thought im disappointed they havent included Ghost's wolf dream). Season 3 and 4 are both based on SoS so I suspect they will include most things there.

Whoa, I'm not attacking the show, I think it's fantastic. I just think there are a couple of things that could be done better.
Reply 1230

True, but that only affects his current character, which can be (and will be, I assume) changed in time past the wall.

Can't decide whether to read the book or watch the TV show. I don't like knowing what's going to happen, see. Which is better? :smile:
Original post by senator88
Can't decide whether to read the book or watch the TV show. I don't like knowing what's going to happen, see. Which is better? :smile:

I'd watch the show then read the book personally per season.. But if you can't wait to see what happens then read the books. Both are great imo.
Original post by Hopple

True, but that only affects his current character, which can be (and will be, I assume) changed in time past the wall.

True.

Read the books :smile: There are a lot of things in there that aren't in the show.
But do check out the show too!
Reply 1234

I'd wait until they finish Clash of Kings on TV, then read all the books before they televise Storm of Swords. That way you don't get confused reading a book about the same stuff that's happening in the show, plus you do justice to the books :tongue:
Your spoiler

We have to

Original post by Hopple
I'd wait until they finish Clash of Kings on TV, then read all the books before they televise Storm of Swords. That way you don't get confused reading a book about the same stuff that's happening in the show, plus you do justice to the books :tongue:

We have to

Shhhh

Reply 1236
I've just finished the first book after watching the first series for the second time. Because the show sticks to the book (at least for the first series, haven't really progressed enough with A Clash of Kings to comment on the second) pretty well, with entire conversations being almost identical, it makes for quite a weird experience, almost like reading a detailed account of what you did last week from multiple view points. :tongue:

Personally, I'd say read the books then watch the TV show, it will give you a much better insight into what the characters are like which you won't get from the show. Plus, because I'd become pretty familiar with GoT I pretty much knew exactly what was going to happen in the books, chapter by chapter, which slightly ruined the experience for me (although it didn't really take away from the reading experience itself).

:rofl2:
Reply 1238

Spoiler

All I could think was, "what a dickhead".

Shhhh

Promo would suggest that we do see her.

[video="youtube;qFufrDVNGhg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFufrDVNGhg[/video]
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1239
I love GoT....

I hate the gratuitous sex though.

(No, I'm not a nun.)

Latest