The Student Room Group

Nice little surprises in the results sheets ~

It's all too negative around the forums methinks D:

So any good surprises? Where you (or someone else) expected you to do really badly but didn't or where the UMS shined in your favour?

I think I'm very, very happy to pull up my U in C4 (maths) from the mocks a few weeks before exams up to a high A, thanks to the generous UMS and lots of caffeine :]

Scroll to see replies

Guinny
It's all too negative around the forums methinks D:

So any good surprises? Where you (or someone else) expected you to do really badly but didn't or where the UMS shined in your favour?

I think I'm very, very happy to pull up my U in C4 (maths) from the mocks a few weeks before exams up to a high A, thanks to the generous UMS and lots of caffeine :]

Well done, very impressive :biggrin:
I didn't think I'd make the A in psychology because of the synoptic. Ended up 97/105 and thus I got my A. Was also pleasantly surprised at my english language synoptic mark - 106/120! I thought it hadn't gone too well, to be honest. Such a fantastic day and I'm so pleased with my results. :biggrin:
Reply 3
woah very very impressive guinny!
Reply 4
My nephew got an A in AS maths.... he's stoked and only 12 yrs old :biggrin:
Reply 5
JCM89
My nephew got an A in AS maths.... he's stoked and only 12 yrs old :biggrin:

Wow! But now I feel a tiny bit stupid!

I managed to get a B in FP3! I was like :zomg:
Reply 6
I totally disagree with C4! (were you on AQA) i was expecting at least a B, thought it went great, and got a C, one mark off a B. Grade boundaries were 85% for A, 75% for B etc. Poo!

But i did get 115/120 on PYA5 which was a lovely surprise :biggrin:
Nice surprises were the AEA Merits in French and History - a year early and all! x
Oooh I did that. I went from a (LOW) E, to an A in one AS history unit. :proud:

Was a few years ago now though..
Reply 9
Well in my first 3 french modules I got AAA and in the A2 modules I got EEC :/

Also I went from a U in ggb3 to 87/90 (A obviously :tongue:) XD
Reply 10
i got a C overall for geogrpahy, Thought It was gonna be an E, I even got a B on one module.

[ i did only get a D at AS]

so im so happy!!!
Reply 11
87/100 in C4 (Edexcel), I learnt it 6 weeks before the exams when I realised my school would not even start teaching C4 to the Further Maths students until the end of exams
Reply 12
bigmo7
Wow! But now I feel a tiny bit stupid!

I managed to get a B in FP3! I was like :zomg:

Don't ... some people have an natural ability for certain things. He's average for his age in everything else. I ditched maths after GCSE - I like an easy life :biggrin:

A B in FP3 is good going - definitely worth celebrating! :yep: Vectors are evil :wink:
Reply 13
km31
I totally disagree with C4! (were you on AQA) i was expecting at least a B, thought it went great, and got a C, one mark off a B. Grade boundaries were 85% for A, 75% for B etc. Poo!

But i did get 115/120 on PYA5 which was a lovely surprise :biggrin:

I was with Edexcel ^__^

Congrats for 115 though!
Reply 14
Well, I suck at Mechanics but had to do M3. Am so pleased I got 49 :redface: Was expecting below 30. It didn't count towards any of my grades, though :smile:
Reply 15
Was quite pleased with 92/100 in Politics unit.
Reply 16
Went from a U in AS ICT

To a high B at a level.. with Double A on the courswork :biggrin:
went up a grade in one of my psychology modules :biggrin:
Reply 18
JCM89
Don't ... some people have an natural ability for certain things. He's average for his age in everything else. I ditched maths after GCSE - I like an easy life :biggrin:

A B in FP3 is good going - definitely worth celebrating! :yep: Vectors are evil :wink:

:o: Thanks I feel a bit better now! :awesome:

Even tho it's just a B I got the highest in our year (out of 4 ppl but still they were all clever!!)...

It was vectors and differential equations that I am so glad that I don't have to do again...your right in saying vectors are evil!!!
I resat my unit 1 German exam for the second time, getting an E both times, but on my third try, I got a B - not only a B, but 3 mere marks off an A :proud:

Latest