The Student Room Group

Visa problem for international students whos going for clearing

Hi all,

I have been provisionally accepted to the university of edinburgh-

However, considering that the semester starts since the 14th Sept, I need to get my VISA as soon as possible so that i can book the plane ticket and get everything sorted.

I applied to Edinburgh through clearing as soon as it was available yesterday, but apparently saturday is not their working hour.

How am i supposed to get the VISA letter from the university in like 1 day?

Could they possibly send me an electronically signed VISA letter?

I am getting super nervous right now -_-;
Reply 1
same here, headache.
Reply 2
accessahn
Hi all,

However, considering that the semester starts since the 14th Sept, I need to get my VISA as soon as possible so that i can book the plane ticket and get everything sorted.

I applied to Edinburgh through clearing as soon as it was available yesterday, but apparently saturday is not their working hour.

I am not totally sure, but I don't think the visa office will accept electronic copies that you've printed off - they require originals of everything, as far as I know.

You could have the university courier the letter to you (you could offer to pay for FedEx or something).

Good luck - I hope it works out.
Reply 3
do you need a copy of it or the actual thing? dunno what the visa letter is, im assuming its giving you permission to enter the country for the length of the course.

Get them to send it today and you'll receive in the next few days?

and do what the above says in paying for it from a proper company. otherwise god knows where it might end up.
They can't send it to you electronically AFAIK.

However, if the letter doesn't come in time, you could go to the British embassy or consulate in your country and ask for advice.

Here's the website for the UK embassy in Hanoi: http://ukinvietnam.fco.gov.uk/en/
Reply 5
accessahn
Hi all,

hey just realize r u vietnamese or u are foreinger staying in Vietnam? anywaiz iam staying in vietnam now and still havent got my visa letter, my visa appointment is on 9th of sept though i might be able to do it earlier.
Reply 6
chuppychick
hey just realize r u vietnamese or u are foreinger staying in Vietnam? anywaiz iam staying in vietnam now and still havent got my visa letter, my visa appointment is on 9th of sept though i might be able to do it earlier.

I am korean- but i studied in vietnam for the past 2 years- did IB there.

anyways, 9th of sept is quite late -_-;

are you sure that you can get the plane ticket and all the other stuffS?
Reply 7
oh i see, iam vietnamese but i did my secondary and high skun in Sigapore.^^ yah i know 9th of sept is quite late. trying to get Visa letter from uni now. same prob as u that it might takes very long time to send by post while visa officer want original.
Reply 8
chuppychick
oh i see, iam vietnamese but i did my secondary and high skun in Sigapore.^^ yah i know 9th of sept is quite late. trying to get Visa letter from uni now. same prob as u that it might takes very long time to send by post while visa officer want original.

a! ban la nguoi viet nam!

Xin chao :smile:

luckily, my uni will be sending my visa letter via DHL-

they said that the letter will arrive within next week. (PHEW :s-smilie: )

good luck on your visa letter-

tam biet !
Reply 9
haha, yah toi la nguoi viet nam^^, ur vietnamese is good! oh DHL, okay i should ask my uni do the same too.
feel much relieved now , thanks. goodluck to ur visa procedure too, hope u can get it early.
Reply 10
chuppychick
haha, yah toi la nguoi viet nam^^, ur vietnamese is good! oh DHL, okay i should ask my uni do the same too.
feel much relieved now , thanks. goodluck to ur visa procedure too, hope u can get it early.

cam on :smile:
which uni are you going to?
accessahn
cam on :smile:
which uni are you going to?

iam going to KIng's college^^.

Latest

Trending

Trending