The Student Room Group

Predicted grades with individual application

Hi

I'm applying for Psychology 2010 entry. I've set up my UCAQS account and I set it to an individual application. Mainly because I'm plannng on getting my application sent in fairly early and my head of year tends to leave them until early november to do the references. Not only that but she school uses a template so it's not really tailored to each perosn if you know what I mean. There was an issue with a lad in Y13 who nagged her for his reference done in time for applying for medicine and didn't get it on time.

I decided to have an indivudual application so I could get a reference form my Biology teacher who knows how I work and what my strengths are. She is willing to do it.

I just got 2 questions:

1) The application asks me for my predicted grades but they have to be from my reference. How does this get done for my other 3 subjects? She only teaches me Biology. Could I get a teacher from each subject to write a few comments to give to my Biology teacher and a predicted grade?

2) Would I be judged for applying individually? I know I have to pay for the application, which I don't mind. But will I be treat differently from people who use the buzzword system?

Thanks for any help guys.:smile:
AnthonyShock
Hi

I'm applying for Psychology 2010 entry. I've set up my UCAQS account and I set it to an individual application. Mainly because I'm plannng on getting my application sent in fairly early and my head of year tends to leave them until early november to do the references. Not only that but she school uses a template so it's not really tailored to each perosn if you know what I mean. There was an issue with a lad in Y13 who nagged her for his reference done in time for applying for medicine and didn't get it on time.

I decided to have an indivudual application so I could get a reference form my Biology teacher who knows how I work and what my strengths are. She is willing to do it.

I just got 2 questions:

1) The application asks me for my predicted grades but they have to be from my reference. How does this get done for my other 3 subjects? She only teaches me Biology. Could I get a teacher from each subject to write a few comments to give to my Biology teacher and a predicted grade?

2) Would I be judged for applying individually? I know I have to pay for the application, which I don't mind. But will I be treat differently from people who use the buzzword system?

Thanks for any help guys.:smile:

Well in answer to one, you need one person who is able to rubber stamp what your predicted grades are. How you go about that doesn't really matter, so long as they're happy to sign off on it.

for part 2, no it shouldn't make any difference at all to your application, although it is an unusual situation and it is possible they may ask about it. It won't hold you back though, or shouldn't!
Reply 2
F1 fanatic
Well in answer to one, you need one person who is able to rubber stamp what your predicted grades are. How you go about that doesn't really matter, so long as they're happy to sign off on it.

for part 2, no it shouldn't make any difference at all to your application, although it is an unusual situation and it is possible they may ask about it. It won't hold you back though, or shouldn't!

I see.

And do I input this myself? I'm an honest person now and I wouldn't change anything. Would it be alright to give me Biolog teacher my UCAS sign-in details so she can do it herself, just to eliminate any suspicions that I might change it. :smile:
AnthonyShock
I see.

And do I input this myself? I'm an honest person now and I wouldn't change anything. Would it be alright to give me Biolog teacher my UCAS sign-in details so she can do it herself, just to eliminate any suspicions that I might change it. :smile:

I would avoid doing this. You shouldn't really be giving your log-in details to other people. What you could do is to do it together. She can supervise you inputting it and then there wont be any suspicions.
Reply 4
F1 fanatic
I would avoid doing this. You shouldn't really be giving your log-in details to other people. What you could do is to do it together. She can supervise you inputting it and then there wont be any suspicions.

Ok, that sounds like a good idea. Cheers F1 Fanatic:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending