The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lilpenguin
Thanks!

I called up nottingham, your right" 2mo is deadline, BUT what she said confused me lots, she said ''if your remarks go up, by the end of tomorrow i must get a clearing number and apply to do economics at nottingham through clearing and that's the only way i could get in''

How do i get a clearing number since i've met my insurance but only missed out on firm, grrrrr they said they'd hold my place.

Hmm I don't know tbh :dontknow:

Didn't think you'd need one too as you were never in clearing. Did you tell the Notts lady you were never in clearing - perhaps start a new thread and ask for advice as I really don't want to say the wrong thing to you. :s-smilie:
I actually cannot belive that I have not heard about my re mark yet even though I sent it off on the 21st August
I JUST heard about mine, no change! B'gam it is :frown::smile:
I sent mine on 21st too! AQA chemistry btw.
aww sorry to hear that :frown:
lilpenguin
I JUST heard about mine, no change! B'gam it is :frown::smile:
I sent mine on 21st too! AQA chemistry btw.

:console:

Sorry to hear about that.

:jumphug:
Oooh me, me me! I just noticed this thread.

I've sent off:

English Lit, AQA
In every other module I have A's, so it goes AAAADC.

LTA4: 52 D
LTA6: 75 C.

I'm at 461 UMS and need to go up 19 UMS to get into university.

And I'm dying here waiting.
veggie4life
I actually cannot belive that I have not heard about my re mark yet even though I sent it off on the 21st August

I KNOW.

Mine was sent on the 20th, on the actual day and STILL nothing.
lilpenguin
Thanks!

I called up nottingham, your right" 2mo is deadline, BUT what she said confused me lots, she said ''if your remarks go up, by the end of tomorrow i must get a clearing number and apply to do economics at nottingham through clearing and that's the only way i could get in''

How do i get a clearing number since i've met my insurance but only missed out on firm, grrrrr they said they'd hold my place.

Simple, ask your insurance to release you (if you def want them to and you have a crack at Notts through clearing) and then you will be put into Clearing automatically.
Alexandra1234567
I KNOW.

Mine was sent on the 20th, on the actual day and STILL nothing.

If I don't hear anything by one im just going to try and find a number for OCR
veggie4life
If I don't hear anything by one im just going to try and find a number for OCR

I might email my exams officer if I don't hear today :frown:.

Everyone else seems to have their AQA ones back!!!

Also, they won't tell you anything over the phone, I tried that. :frown:
I feel so sorry for you guys waiting for so long - edexcel have been really quick this year which is actually quite shocking as I'm usually one to complain about their flaws. My (non-prority) remark was sent off just last friday afternoon and i heard back yesterday (bank holiday). 3 days to remark a paper over the bank holiday weekend - efficient or what? :p:

EDIT: Fingers crossed you guys hear back today.
Medicine Man
I feel so sorry for you guys waiting for so long - edexcel have been really quick this year which is actually quite shocking as I'm usually one to complain about their flaws. My (non-prority) remark was sent off just last friday afternoon and i heard back yesterday (bank holiday). 3 days to remark a paper over the bank holiday weekend - efficient or what? :p:

rub it in :tongue:
veggie4life
rub it in :tongue:

Far from my intention.

Sorry
Medicine Man
Far from my intention.

Sorry

no no I was only joking :smile:
I hope you guys hear back soon and good luck!!

Thanks for the hugs im a little distraught so getting out soon to go pub =):frown:
Aaargh I want to know now :frown:.
the wait is killing haha !
Just got one back didn't go up - still waiting for the other but the one that didn't go up is the one I was expecting to so I've given up. So gutted.
veggie4life
Just got one back didn't go up - still waiting for the other but the one that didn't go up is the one I was expecting to so I've given up. So gutted.

Oh no :frown:.
Well things never go as you expect, so the other one might go up!

I'm still waiting :frown:. Just emailed my exams officer to remind her I'm waiting ha.
Reply 99
same boat for me unfortunately! was originally 5 UMS from ABB on results day (got ABC) which i needed for my firm. got my english lit remark on friday and it had went up by 4 UMS. the school submitted my other module and an AS resit module i did for another priority remark. so, fingers crossed i get 1 MORE MARK! either way it's not going to be back in time to take up my place but maybe i'll get a deferred entry or will re-apply if it goes up. I'm afraid one module will go up and the other down and i'll be left in the same situation again! i really don't want to repeat as i've been advised i'll need AAB next year!

Latest