The Student Room Group

The Official Stocks and Shares Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4620
I really do wonder about some of the people on BB's. 'Keep selling DES people cause you're doing others a massive favour. DES are more likely to get taken over for a high price now that they don't have oil'. Do some people really have nothing better to do at 1pm on a Monday.
Original post by CityTrader
Cheers mate, I think i will hold for now, but i will definantely be investing with this one in the near future...............

Yeah don't blame you, most on here seem swing traders with a max timeframe of 3 months, so am I but all portfolios should have a 'risk-free asset' if you get what I mean :wink:
Reply 4622
Original post by orca92
Splitting the company makes t/o easier for potential bidders. I think Encore will be taken over really soon (like next 3 months) once they've done all the drilling they plan to do in Cladhan and Catcher and proved up those reserves. I don't think XEO is as likely to be bought, i mean it's basically all exploration assets, i expect Booth will decide to take that on and explore it himself; he'll walk away from encore with 200p a share in his bank account.

I'm just hoping that Xcite gets this reserves report out soon so i can sell and move half into encore and half into range before they both increase much more.

Yeh Im glad that they splitting the company, makes alot of sense!

Theres still some confusion - will the shareholders automatically gain shares in XEO by having invested in EO or will we have to buy new shares in the new company?
Reply 4623
Original post by orca92
I really do wonder about some of the people on BB's. 'Keep selling DES people cause you're doing others a massive favour. DES are more likely to get taken over for a high price now that they don't have oil'. Do some people really have nothing better to do at 1pm on a Monday.

I was reading the DES BB too. Its madness when they talk about a takeover given the number of failures they have had recently.
Original post by Fynch101
Yeah don't blame you, most on here seem swing traders with a max timeframe of 3 months, so am I but all portfolios should have a 'risk-free asset' if you get what I mean :wink:

Compltely agree :-)
V. ugly day in the markets today esp...FTSE.100
almost a sea of red for me today.....not good....

only +ve I suppose was that I bought into GGP at this rock bottom price.....thats all though
Oh dear DES... I know some here were/are in DES - really hope you didn't get burnt.
Trading halt on RRL on the ASX pending news of a "significant acquisition". Whoever didn't get in today seems to have lost their chance.
Reply 4629
Original post by Mustard-man
Oh dear DES... I know some here were/are in DES - really hope you didn't get burnt.

:bawling:
Reply 4630
lost 500£ in Des, but ill buy again when it reaches 5p barier, which is looking very likely
Original post by rza89
lost 500£ in Des, but ill buy again when it reaches 5p barier, which is looking very likely

That Bentely will be all but a pipe dream if you keep buying DES, no matter what the price.
Reply 4632
Original post by Makaveli_The_Don
Trading halt on RRL on the ASX pending news of a "significant acquisition". Whoever didn't get in today seems to have lost their chance.

RRL trading on the AIM market still, after they suspended it on ASX. Why would they still allow RRL to continue to trade on AIM? :s-smilie: Never had any of the companies i own being takenover, so am confused :confused:
Original post by vn2009
RRL trading on the AIM market still, after they suspended it on ASX. Why would they still allow RRL to continue to trade on AIM? :s-smilie: Never had any of the companies i own being takenover, so am confused :confused:

The ASX has much stricter regulations that the AIM, thus a trading halt. They are not being takenover, they are aquiring an asset. Most likely to be 100% TT, which could add between 10-35p to the SP. They have to declare the news before opening on the ASX on Thursday (Wednesday night here) or face suspension. So expect something big soon.
Reply 4634
Original post by Makaveli_The_Don
The ASX has much stricter regulations that the AIM, thus a trading halt. They are not being takenover, they are aquiring an asset. Most likely to be 100% TT, which could add between 10-35p to the SP. They have to declare the news before opening on the ASX on Thursday (Wednesday night here) or face suspension. So expect something big soon.

Cheers!

My thinking was, if news was big, then wouldnt the share price have rose considerably, yet its still at 23p ish :s-smilie:

Also, people on the BB are talking about a placing at 17p, to raise more cash. Whats your thinking?
BAO seems to have bottomed out. Lower than I'd thought but I suspect panic took over for the last few points. Should recover the first few easily before finding resistance prior to news.
Original post by vn2009
Cheers!

My thinking was, if news was big, then wouldnt the share price have rose considerably, yet its still at 23p ish :s-smilie:

Also, people on the BB are talking about a placing at 17p, to raise more cash. Whats your thinking?

The placing is to buy TT/or whatever they have acquired imo, will be well worth it. DYOR research though.
for anyone in HER....

just released an RNS this morning.....and its smoking hot.....I'd advise anyone who can to get in at this price, as I personally see this as the next BEM....if not better tbh due to the metals and their quantities....and their prices :biggrin:
Reply 4638
Original post by infernalcradle
for anyone in HER....

just released an RNS this morning.....and its smoking hot.....I'd advise anyone who can to get in at this price, as I personally see this as the next BEM....if not better tbh due to the metals and their quantities....and their prices :biggrin:

A lot of people are in HER (excuse the pun) here I think... you really see it being as good as BEM?
Original post by mayh3m
A lot of people are in HER (excuse the pun) here I think... you really see it being as good as BEM?

:colone:. haha....I personally think it will match BEM *and if I'm being optimistic, might even surpass it* simply as not only will it have craploads of copper, silver etc....but the prices of ALL those metals are rising and I don't see them stopping for a while yet, so whatever is found will have a huge worth, AND they still haven't found everything there and are expecting further reassessments of the metals there, in both tonnage and grade

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending