The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

HAHAHA oh ma dizzle
my sister's brown and thinkin about goin to study medicine in poland. shud she be worried? :L
The guys head looks really unnatural lol.
Argh. This is not racist. It was a marketing pull.
Psyk
You'd think Microsoft would do a better job of photoshopping the pic! Maybe the marketing team was told they weren't allowed to use competitors products so they used Paint instead.

:rofl:
Eleanor of Aquitaine

Is Poland THAT racist?

Yes.
You would not want to be a black living in Poland.
I'm surprised nobody from TSR has replaced the photoshopped head with a :awesome: yet!

Let's see your skillz.
Reply 26
Think about why the black person was there in the American picture... so black people would identify with him and buy the product. If there aren't many black people to sell to in Poland it makes perfect sense from a marketing perspective to use a white mans face instead.
Reply 27
Xerophelistica
Yes, I know, my comment was made in jest anyway. A lot of what I write is like that, perhaps not 100% accurate, but enough to leave the reader to draw their own conclusions about what I'm insinuating. I find long posts which cover all bases of an argument too tedious and boring for somewhere like an online forum.

However, out of interest, would you say that this site (link below) should provoke the same kind of outrage that microsofts advert did? http://www.365black.com/365black/index.jsp

Sweet jeebus, that website :eek: How the hell can companies get away with that kind of stuff. If McDonalds launched a 365White website in India there would be nothing but cries of racism.
Reply 28
Joseph90
I doubt the country is so racist for this to be needed.

You'd be surprised.
Reply 29
The outrage should not be aimed at Microsoft but at the Polish public.
Reply 30
Xerophelistica

One final point I'd like to make is that having a whole website which literally SEGREGATES black people from white people is hardly the way to racial equality, whether you believe it to be racist or not. Surely the way to get equality is to integrate white and black people into each other, not to create websites implying "Black people are different from other races, we have our websites and the whites can have theirs". All it does is reinforce the idea that there IS something about black/white/Asian/ people that means we should be separated.

Agree with you 100%
Reply 31
Xerophelistica
Yeah because everyone knows Asians make up 33.3% of the population, Blacks make up another 33.3% and whites make up the remaining 33.3%, and it's racist to deny this fact :rolleyes:

I don't think it'd been as bad if they had a different photo with different people in, but to just chop off and replace the black guy's head with an oversized white dude's head with the light coming from the wrong side is a bit... weird. I'm sure if MS had a different photo altogether, it wouldn't be a problem.
Reply 32
Would it not have been easier to just sit a couple of white people down and take a different picture for the polish ad?
I can't see the difference between both photos :s-smilie:

only joking :colondollar:,poor photoshopped picture btw
Reply 34
This ad is ridiculous! In the second image, it's so obvious it's a different head on another guy's body, the head looks out of place and everything! Why couldn't Microsoft keep the same ad campaign, to reflect they actually WANT to appeal to a diverse audience?

Does Poland really have that much of an issue with Afro-Americans? :s-smilie:
I laughed so much!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending