The Student Room Group
Reply 1
around
Do Cambridge do cut-price deals if you want to buy software such as Mathematica or Office?

I think mathmos get mathematica free
The uni has a mass liscense or something
Reply 2
The university has an unlimited site licence for Mathematica - you can obtain a copy and installation instructions from the DAMTP website.

If you're doing CompSci, you can get academic licence editions of certain Microsoft software through DreamSpark and MSDN. I don't think that includes Office though.
Reply 3
Another quick maths software related question... Will the software used occasionally for the tripos courses work on a mac, or will I need a windows pc/laptop?
Reply 4
Jayae
Another quick maths software related question... Will the software used occasionally for the tripos courses work on a mac, or will I need a windows pc/laptop?

most math software run on mac & linux.
Reply 5
around
Do Cambridge do cut-price deals if you want to buy software such as Mathematica or Office?

Cheap office for all students here: http://www.software4students.co.uk/
Reply 6
Jayae

You can get Mathematica for Mac OS X, Windows, or Linux. The maths department also distributes MATLAB for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux for use in CATAM.
Reply 7
Computer Scientists can get various copies of Windows XP, Vista, Visual Studio, Visio, OneNote, etc through the MSDN.

As far as I'm aware, this is only for compscis. Other software will often have mass licenses as stated above, or be conveniently installed on college/departmental computers.

Latest

Trending

Trending