The Student Room Group

MSc Software Engineering Oxford University

Hi

I am an international student (Australia) applying to the Software Engineering Program at the University Of Oxford 2024/2025.

The program states a minumum of upper second class / first class, in a relevant subject.

I hold a bare first class from The University Of Sydney my degree is in Software Engineering (B of Software Engineering, Honours Class I).

Now I did some digging and looked at the acceptance rate for this program

The last cohort, 105 applied and 61 got offers. Here is the FOI I found

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/postgraduate_taught_admission_st_20#incoming-2396874

Now I am just trying to gauge my chances

I hold roughly 4 years experience (professional) and manage a small start-up aimed at providing education to rural australian kids essentially my work experience can be summarised as follows

Software Engineer @ Investment Bank (12 months current)

Honours Researcher @ Sydney Uni (11 months, not sure if this is professional experience, but I did code,build and research)
Software Engineering Intern @ Accenture (6 months)
Software Engineering Intern @ Australian Government (6 months)
Software Engineering Intern @ Deloitte (3 months)
Software Engineer @ Manufacturing firm (2 months)
Software Engineer @ Start up (11 months)

Roughly I hold 52 months of experience, the application states minimum applicants hold 2 years.

How competitive would I be for this programme, I know this is a very blanket question, but I am guessing since it is a professional masters program, my chances might be a bit higher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending