The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HLS
It didn't really have to be accepted a year ago though did it?

With pension contributions set to rise and a notional 9% of salary above £21k, plus 20% basic tax and (as people get better qualified) the 40% bracket looming, with 11.5% NI on top, you're going to be left with very little salary at the end of it all.

I'm not saying it's a solely determining factor but it does heavily influence any decision I might be able to make.

You're right, it didnt have to be accepted a year ago but unless there is a major turnaround then it has to be accepted now.

And I'm sure, as a doctor, you'll have plenty of salary left.

One way to look at it is that the student loan is a mortgage for your education.
Original post by HLS
I'll post back the outcome later tonight!

How did that essay go??

Sorry to hear about the rejection... x
Original post by Bob Kelso
Ok this is bordering on psychological torture now... I have had to lock my phone in the drawer and give my key to a colleague to stop me checking my emails.. Come on SGUL, why would you send so many rejections and then leave the rest hanging?! Rant over.

Offers appear to be coming through now over on NMM... so get your key back!
I just got an SGUL offer through :-)
Have Warwick started giving out offers yet, out of interest?
Original post by theguywholikesfish

Congrats - is it your first choice?
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Have Warwick started giving out offers yet, out of interest?

I'm pretty sure they haven't... It's all been quiet on the forums (Yes, I am stalking them like a crazy person atm) and they said from the beginning of March...

I hope we hear soon!!
The torture is over!! SGUL just sent an offer through, I can't believe I'm going to be a doctor!!!! :biggrin:
Original post by nearlybled2death
Congrats - is it your first choice?

Thank you very much :-) when I started this process I wasn't expecting a single offer. Now I have 2 offers and 2 unis to hear back from about offers/rejections in March. This is quite surreal. I really liked Birmingham and St George's. Both are excellent medical schools and they both offer similar educational opportunities. I'm going to have to put my thinking hat on! I am sorry to hear that some people have been rejected this week, I know how frustrating that can be (my 2011 entry applications fail lol). Nevertheless, if it's your dream I say stick with it guys because one day you'll get there.
The torture is over!! SGUL just sent an offer through, I can't believe I'm going to be a doctor!!!! :biggrin:

Big, big congrats!

:-)
Reply 9911

I was quietly desperately hoping you'd get an offer after all this waiting. I'm SO happy and relieved for you!

Also happy for theguywholikesfish to a lesser extent (you were already home and dry, innit :p:).

Well done and congratulations! :party:

Well done!

NHS fmts alumni represent! :cool:

Original post by theguywholikesfish

Congrats :smile:

Yes, I am so happy for you. Congrats, :biggrin::biggrin:.
Ok this is bordering on psychological torture now... I have had to lock my phone in the drawer and give my key to a colleague to stop me checking my emails.. Come on SGUL, why would you send so many rejections and then leave the rest hanging?! Rant over.

Hey, update your application status, u got an OFFER.
Congrats to everyone with SGUL offers!

Come on Warwick!
Realising that I know my Ucas number better than I know my own phone number.........come on Newcastle, Leicester and Warwick. I'm getting repetitive strain injury........
(edited 12 years ago)
Nervous. Got an offer for the 5-year course at Newcastle today, but haven't heard from the 4-year course (was interviewed for both at the same time); hope that doesn't mean they're giving me an offer for the standard course BECAUSE I didn't get in to the grad-course :s-smilie:
You're nervous BECAUSE you got an offer? Heh.

Latest

Trending

Trending