The Student Room Group

University of Chester GEM Applicant and Offer Holder thread 2023 Entry

Welcome to the University of Chester GEM 2023 Entry Discussion.

Previous threads:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7098130

For general information click:
https://www1.chester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/graduate-entry-medicine

For entry requirements click:
https://www1.chester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/graduate-entry-medicine#section_entry

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck! :bl:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone, :smile:

As you may have noticed, this thread owner is @TSR George - an account used by TSR for several purposes including as a placeholder when a thread owner wishes to delete their account.

If you would like to be the new first post in this thread - you can!
To do this, please tag @04MR17 or @StrawberryDreams in this thread and ask for the OP to be changed to you.
Please do this if you would like to add additional resources into the OP and intend to stay around on the forums during the application cycle.

The owner of a thread will only be changed once - except if an OP deletes their account.

Please allow 48 hours for your request to be seen and actioned. This message will be posted into each of the 2023 applicants threads currently owned by TSR George.

Thanks all,

MR
Hy I'm Riya patel january intake 2023 student
My cas update please
Original post by Patel Riya
My cas update please

Hi there,

Do you have an email address we can use to look into this for you?

Thank you,
Grace :smile:
anyone know when uk home students can apply? really wanted to go to chester :frown:
Original post by gerrardtorres
anyone know when uk home students can apply? really wanted to go to chester :frown:

Hi @gerrardtorres

Unfortunately, at present there have been no updates from the Government regarding any increase in funding for medical student places, so we're still unable to take UK student applications. As soon as we have any news regarding this funding, we will let you know.

Best wishes,
Becky
Original post by University of Chester
Hi @gerrardtorres

Unfortunately, at present there have been no updates from the Government regarding any increase in funding for medical student places, so we're still unable to take UK student applications. As soon as we have any news regarding this funding, we will let you know.

Best wishes,
Becky

I’m confused. I know a girl who says she’s starting medical school at Chester next month? But she’s from the UK. Is this possible?
Original post by Patel Riya
My cas update please

will you be starting next month or has your course been delayed?
Original post by Laurabram88
I’m confused. I know a girl who says she’s starting medical school at Chester next month? But she’s from the UK. Is this possible?

Hi @Laurabram88

Our message above was relating to our Graduate Entry Medicine course, we offer many other medical related courses which are open for applications. You can find more information about Chester Medical School and our courses here https://www1.chester.ac.uk/chester-medical-school

Best wishes,
Becky
Hi everyone, Just a quick doubt, How many seats are there for international students in this Uni for medicine.

I also wanted to know if the applications are starting from Sep 2023 for next year.
Original post by Abhi20026
Hi everyone, Just a quick doubt, How many seats are there for international students in this Uni for medicine.

I also wanted to know if the applications are starting from Sep 2023 for next year.

Hi @Abhi20026

GEM is not running in 2023, and applications for 2024 entry will open on UCAS in September 2023. Places on the programme will be offered following an application, including UCAT test, and round of interviews. The numbers of places are still to be determined, so we would encourage all applicants to apply before the UCAS medicine equal consideration deadline which is usually around mid-October.

Best wishes,
Becky
Would someone be able to tell me the course code for GEM Chester?

Original post by _Rusty_
Would someone be able to tell me the course code for GEM Chester?

Hello :smile:

The course code for Graduate Entry Medicine is A101, our intuition code for University of Chester is C55.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Becky
Original post by gerrardtorres

I have heard that the GEM programme at Chester has collapsed after their Dean left and won't be running. GMC have also refused recognition now
Where are you getting this information? I am a current applicant and have not received any correspondence on this.
Hello

Our GEM course is still going ahead for September 2024. You can find out more information here: https://www1.chester.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/graduate-entry-medicine.

Our Chester Medical School is progressing through the stages of the GMC approval process and have agreed the 2024 commencement date with the GMC.

Thanks and hope this helps :smile:

Connor

Original post by Premed0004
Where are you getting this information? I am a current applicant and have not received any correspondence on this.
Original post by University of Chester
Hello

Our GEM course is still going ahead for September 2024. You can find out more information here: https://www1.chester.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/graduate-entry-medicine.

Our Chester Medical School is progressing through the stages of the GMC approval process and have agreed the 2024 commencement date with the GMC.

Thanks and hope this helps :smile:

Connor

@GANFYD I assume you know but just in case^
Original post by Premed0004
Where are you getting this information? I am a current applicant and have not received any correspondence on thi

From people that know in Chester
Original post by _Rusty_
@GANFYD I assume you know but just in case^

Check direct with the GMC is my advice
Reply 19
Hi everyone, I just had a quick doubt, Do we have to include our predicted scores in our reference ( given by the referee) for the UCAS application, or just mention it. I am not sure about this, please can someone guide me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending