The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've got one medium suitcase, 1 holdall (full of my shoes and handbags). 2 small calapsable boxes filled with kitchen stuff and then one small wicker hamper...which will become my laundry hamper when i get to uni but in the meantime it has my pots and pans in there....and my quilt covers and plillow cases

I seem to be travelling very light compared to you...or maybe you're being excessive. :s-smilie:
I literally took everything I own with me when I went to uni. I packed most things in boxes and those big laundry bags. I had a lot and needed 2 cars!
Well i took all my kitchen stuff up and some of my bed clothes, towels and my printer up a few weeks ago so thats all already there, but i also have my rucksack full of books which will also carry my laptop. Then on top of that there is my tv, all my other electrical goodies from my dsa, my dvd collection, etc. it took three journeys to completely empty my room last year and that was smaller room but we only have this one day to move me in this time.
^^Sounds like you're taking alot with you! However, i guess if i was leaving home as well, I would probably have everything apart from my bed lol
Reply 5
I'm just taking one suitcase, autumn and winter clothes, can bring the warmer stuff up when i come back from the holidays and stuff.
Reply 6
my uni room in tiny, so ive had to fit all my clothes into 1 big suitcase! arrrhhh! help!! i have loads of other electrical stuff to take :tv, dvd player, hifi, laptop straigteners, hair dryer, arlarm clock!! they will take up a few 100 boxes! and then i have all my shoes! and then there is bedding! and underware and socks and pjs, and all my kitchen and shower stuff!

im taking it all up in two cars!!!!! ive only got a silly little car, its going to be dragging along the floor of the motorway with my stuff weighing it down!!
Reply 7
Can't you just leave your hifi and play music on your laptop?
Reply 8
I have two holdalls, one small, one medium sized, for all my clothes, a bag of shoes and boots, my laptop, my printer, about 4 boxes of books and stationary, my pillows and duvet still in their packets, so about 3 smallish bags, and then some of those clear drawers, plasticky, 5 of them, which ive filled with towels, bedding, nd other bits and bobs. Then ill have my bag-bag with last minute things.........I have A LOT! But it's all necessary, so there's a lot of kitchen stuff, eg plates and pans and tins and cutlery. :smile:
Reply 9
I managed to fit all my stuff in one car but you couldnt get me in which was a small problem so we had to take two cars in the end and I dont even own loads of clothes!!
Reply 10
Me and my sister are going to uni on the same day in one car - I have two words - no chance!! I'm sure there'll be arguments galore about who has to be left behind!!!
Gosh I hope me and my sisters moving in days are different when we both start Uni next year. If they weren't then :eek: I don't know what I'd do :s-smilie:
Reply 12
so far I have 4 big cardboard boxes, 2 of those big ikea bags, a big haldall and a little haldall. And a 2 big plastic box things but I can see my needing another 2 boxes :s-smilie:. I'm thinking my room is going to be waaay too small, but don't want to send anything back with my parents
Reply 13
*Sparkle*

nooo... i like my hi-fi speakers!!
Reply 14
*Sparkle*

nooo... i like my hi-fi speakers!! also my it has an ipod docking thing, so plays my ipod music toooo
I had one 29KG suitcase and three big boxes.
Well i got most of my stuff in the car and have just sent my parenst a huge list of stuff i've forgotten.
Yikes, reading this, i now think ive got too much stuff. Ive got 2 BIG holdalls full of clothes, 8-9 boxes and 5-6 carrier bags.
Reply 18
So far a big suitcase of clothes.... 5 collapsable boxes of stationary, kitchen stuff etc and one of those big holdalls and 3 big bags of food.... :s-smilie:
Not sure if it'll all fit in. I think I shall go and try to take some stuff out I don't need.......... If I can lol
Reply 19
ah, i have like 15 boxes altogether and then loads of carrier bags and hodals! its going into two cars! oh yeah and one huge suitcase!

Latest

Trending

Trending