The Student Room Group

How to acquire self esteem and exit from this vicious cycle?

I’ve spent these last months in numbness. Just the usual routine: gym, home, work. I’m 20 and i’m constantly told i should live my life. I see couples everywhere, people on dates, people texting. Nobody ever texts me, i’ve never had any kind of experience with girls… i simply have 2 girl friends and that’s it.

The idea of a girl liking me back seems a dream-like situation. I’m currently trying to forget about a girl friend i really like and everything seems impossible to me.
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve spent these last months in numbness. Just the usual routine: gym, home, work. I’m 20 and i’m constantly told i should live my life. I see couples everywhere, people on dates, people texting. Nobody ever texts me, i’ve never had any kind of experience with girls… i simply have 2 girl friends and that’s it.

The idea of a girl liking me back seems a dream-like situation. I’m currently trying to forget about a girl friend i really like and everything seems impossible to me.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling numb lately. I know how tough it can be seeing others (those around us) in relationships and it feels like we're missing out.
I bet everyone's journey is different and focusing on yourself and what brings you happiness is the most important idea.
I would tell you not to give up on the idea of finding someone who appreciates you for who you are.
Take this time to work on personal growth and self-confidence, and who knows what the future holds?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending