The Student Room Group

What historical moment do you wish you could have witnessed?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
The Battle of Stamford Bridge maybe. Or the event that was the field of the cloth of gold, which was supposedly awe inspiring.
Reply 41
i wish i could've seen the crushing of crassus' army by parthia.

The march east by alexander.

the assasination of archduke ferdinand.

The battle of hastings.

The christinisation of the vikings/norsemen.

The splender of republican rome.

The great wall of china being built.

And the destruction of the twin towers so i could see whether the towers crumbled as some conspiracy stories say.(bombs planted etc)
Reply 42
"Leroy jenkins" Says it all
watching the mayflower land in america with all its settlers.

depending on whether i have some kind of invincibility(like spectator mode on call of duty) , i would want to see any ww2 battle, stalingrad, d-day etc
Reply 44
necessarily benevolent
Niall Ferguson

:zomg:

What a terrible historian!
Berlin Wall.
I would quite liked to have witnessed the signing of the US Declaration of Independence.
Reply 47
Any major event, really. But some that spring to mind are: signing of the Magna Carta, one of Cook's voyages to the south seas, and the discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb.
Reply 48
When the Berlin Wall got torn down

OR

When Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat on the bus just cos a white person wanted it :smile:
Reply 49
The moon landing :ninja:

EDIT: Being serious, I would like to have seen the trial of Gallileo Galilei and the eruption of Mount tambora
The Battle of Cable Street
Ooooh and maybe the Chartists' rebellion
And the signing of the Munich Agreement. Just for the feeling of unmitigated failure, dread and disaster.
Reply 51
D-Day, Stalingrad, Siege of Leningrad, Fall of the Berlin Wall, Charles I being beheaded, 9/11, Obama being sworn in, Assassination of Kennedy, Any battle in the English Civil War, The Russian Revolution in 1917, Krushchev whacking his shoe on the table at that UN meeting :p: , First man on the moon, Great Wall of China being built, World War One and Two at home (my great grandma used to tell me tonnes of stories about it when she was alive), The Thirty Years War, American Civil War, Queen Elizabeth I's reign, War of the Roses...

There's too many! :woo:
The resurrection of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
The storming of the Bastille, the October Revolution, the Boston Tea Party, the Trial of Socrates (this would be my all time choice actually). Seeing that Russian submarine commander tell his superiors to **** off when they told him to start a nuclear war during the Cuba Missile Crisis.
Don_Scott

Oo, that reminds me, I want to see the moment Adam was touched by his Noodley Appendage.
Marylin Monroe sucking off JFk and his bro. And the communist cuban that I forget the name of, but I bet you she enjoyed him the most.
Reply 56
Considering everyone's naming more than one, here's a second: Nelson Mandela's release from prison on 11 February, 1990. He is probably the greatest human being I will ever share the planet with, and I hope to enjoy his presence before the chance to expires. He will be greatly missed when he's no longer around.
Oh, yes. I would like to see Freeborn John vs the Star Chamber.

Oh, and as Shambles has started with the sad ones, I'd like to be in Salisbury, Rhodesia, 1980, when Robert Mugabe wins his election by force of arms.
Reply 58
Don_Scott

Oh please, give me a break...
Reply 59
The moment Julius Ceaser crossed the Rubicon. Death of Alexander the Great. Battle of Waterloo (This would be the one I would pick if I HAD to).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending