The Student Room Group
Reply 1
There are rolling strikes across the country in multiple areas, your parcel may have been delayed elsewhere in the network even if there isn't a strike in Edinburgh.
Reply 2
I fully intend to shout 'Get back to work, Trotsky' at my postman tomorrow.
moonshine_1991
Is there any fellow edinburgers out there that can tell me if there is a postal strike today. I am waiting on something to be delivered via Royal Mail special delivery, it was guaranteed to be here by 1pm, and it has not yet arrived. Thanks.

I'd advise you contact the Royal Mail directly and ask them about where the parcel is, stating that you are certain it was sent by special delivery.

It once happened to my mum, where the parcel was on the top shelfin the van, and the short driver apparently didn't notice it was there!
CrazyChris
I'd advise you contact the Royal Mail directly and ask them about where the parcel is, stating that you are certain it was sent by special delivery.

It once happened to my mum, where the parcel was on the top shelfin the van, and the short driver apparently didn't notice it was there!

I'll give this a try but do I not need a delivery number or something. THe package is from amazon so I don't have a number to quote to the royal mail.
Reply 5
You never know if your post guys are striking or not. That last "big strike" - only 7 workers out of hundreds round where we live actually didn't show up for work. We know because we asked our postie when he came to the door.

I think this is mainly a south of england thing so anything coming in or out of there is being delayed. Despite what the Unions are saying, they don't actually have the full backing of their members ... or the public ... they do however have the full backing of the government and rival companies such as TNT, UPS, FedEx etc. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending