The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL PhD applicants

Hi, are there any UCL phd applicant? I've been interviewed and recommended by the department, but they told me that the final confirmation will be decided by the UCL. Did any of you received the confirmation already? I'm wondering if I'll have to wait until the end of March for the final decision

Scroll to see replies

If it's just about the PhD offer, you're most likely gonna get accepted, but does that not go for funding
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
hi! I also applied and interviewed with my potential supervisor a while ago, but the status on Portico still says under assessment and has been this way for more than 6 weeks. Did your status change on Portico?

Original post by Espitz
Hi, are there any UCL phd applicant? I've been interviewed and recommended by the department, but they told me that the final confirmation will be decided by the UCL. Did any of you received the confirmation already? I'm wondering if I'll have to wait until the end of March for the final decision
Reply 3
Original post by tttttt4486
hi! I also applied and interviewed with my potential supervisor a while ago, but the status on Portico still says under assessment and has been this way for more than 6 weeks. Did your status change on Portico?

Hi, I'm in the same boat, my status on Portico is still saying "under assessment" as well. Hopefully, it will change soon 🤞
Original post by tttttt4486

Mine is also "under assessment". Fingers crossed! Best luck for us!
Hi! I just received an update on my application status on Portico yesterday -- I received a conditional offer. You should receive an email alert that informs you the change in your application status.
Original post by wildseas
Hi! I just received an update on my application status on Portico yesterday -- I received a conditional offer. You should receive an email alert that informs you the change in your application status.

Congratulations! I was just rejected by one of my applications... May I ask your application programme?
Hi Michael, sorry to hear that -- fingers crossed for your other applications! I applied to UCL Geog PhD. You?
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi Michael, sorry to hear that -- fingers crossed for your other applications! I applied to UCL Geog PhD. You?

Hi ! Mine is AI-enabled Healthcare(MRes+PhD), even it is not my main target, an upset news.
Finally a thread for UCL PhD Applicants! Thanks for creating this. There's a UCL Postgraduates 2023 thread but I don't think there was a single PhD candidate. Can we introduce ourselves please (programmes we've applied for, when, and current application status)? I'll start here: I've applied for the PhD programme in Global Health and I submitted my application on Feb 03. My status says 'under assessment'.
Hopefully you will hear some positive news from your other applications! Is AI-enabled Healthcare the only programme you applied with UCL?

Original post by MichaelWang
Hi ! Mine is AI-enabled Healthcare(MRes+PhD), even it is not my main target, an upset news.
Hi! I submitted my application (for a place in the programme, not funding) in early Jan, and received my outcome on 18 Feb morning (or 17 Feb UK time), if this helps!

And yes, I think the UCL Postgraduate thread has fewer posts specifically relating to PhD, so maybe this thread is more focused!

Original post by anthro_int5
Finally a thread for UCL PhD Applicants! Thanks for creating this. There's a UCL Postgraduates 2023 thread but I don't think there was a single PhD candidate. Can we introduce ourselves please (programmes we've applied for, when, and current application status)? I'll start here: I've applied for the PhD programme in Global Health and I submitted my application on Feb 03. My status says 'under assessment'.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hopefully you will hear some positive news from your other applications! Is AI-enabled Healthcare the only programme you applied with UCL?

Thanks a lot! It's of course not the only one, my potential supervisor advised me to apply two programmes, one is this, another is in department of medical physics and biomedical engineering, this one is also our main application and a fortunate news is that I was nominated by the department for RES scholarship. But you know, scholarship in UK is strick competitive...
Hi! I submitted my application (for a place in the programme, not funding) in early Jan, and received my outcome on 18 Feb morning (or 17 Feb UK time), if this helps!

And yes, I think the UCL Postgraduate thread has fewer posts specifically relating to PhD, so maybe this thread is more focused!

Wonderful to hear from you, and thanks for the update! Heartiest congratulations for your offer. Did you apply for any funding?
That's great to hear! Yes, funding applications are very competitive indeed -- guess we've already done what we possibly can, so just keep our fingers crossed while moderating our expectations!

Original post by MichaelWang
Thanks a lot! It's of course not the only one, my potential supervisor advised me to apply two programmes, one is this, another is in department of medical physics and biomedical engineering, this one is also our main application and a fortunate news is that I was nominated by the department for RES scholarship. But you know, scholarship in UK is strick competitive...
(edited 1 year ago)
Thank you! Am hoping you'll get to hear your outcome soon! I also wonder if the recent strikes have some implications on the progress of the applications.. so the delay could be due to administrative reasons. Yes, I applied for the UCL-RES and UBEL DTP funding for my UCL applications. You?

Wonderful to hear from you, and thanks for the update! Heartiest congratulations for your offer. Did you apply for any funding?
(edited 1 year ago)
Thank you! Am hoping you'll get to hear your outcome soon! I also wonder if the recent strikes have some implications on the progress of the applications.. so the delay could be due to administrative reasons. Yes, I applied for the UCL-RES and UBEL DTP funding for my UCL applications. You?

I had no idea about the strikes. Looks like that might have delayed the process. I was a little late in sending my PhD application, so I was ineligible for RES. I've applied for a scholarship from my home country though, let's see how that goes. I heard UBEL DTP involved two stages of selection. Are you through with them?
I see! Great that you've options from your home country! I haven't received any updates from the DTP panel since I submitted my application in end Jan, so have to see how it goes!

I had no idea about the strikes. Looks like that might have delayed the process. I was a little late in sending my PhD application, so I was ineligible for RES. I've applied for a scholarship from my home country though, let's see how that goes. I heard UBEL DTP involved two stages of selection. Are you through with them?
That's great to hear! Yes, funding applications are very competitive indeed -- guess we've already done what we possibly can, so just keep our fingers crossed while moderating our expectations!

Yeah, all we can do now is fingers crossed! Best luck to both us!
I see! Great that you've options from your home country! I haven't received any updates from the DTP panel since I submitted my application in end Jan, so have to see how it goes!

Keeping fingers crossed for both of us!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending