The Student Room Group

Maths Uni Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7880
Original post by MathsNerd1
Out of curiosity if one doesn't find funding for a PhD then how much would they actually cost?

I was asked to provide guarantee for £60k+ for a 4 year PhD at Oxford, which included living costs, tuition, college fees, etc.
Original post by around
I was asked to provide guarantee for £60k+ for a 4 year PhD at Oxford, which included living costs, tuition, college fees, etc.

My god! I'd never be able to supply that amount by myself, so I'm hoping to get funding if I do decide to go onto a PhD in 4 years time
Reply 7882
My god! I'd never be able to supply that amount by myself, so I'm hoping to get funding if I do decide to go onto a PhD in 4 years time

:lol:

If you're not at university yet I would really hold off thinking about doing at PhD in maths, never mind start worrying about funding one.
Original post by Noble.
:lol:

If you're not at university yet I would really hold off thinking about doing at PhD in maths, never mind start worrying about funding one.

I just like to plan ahead quite a bit really :tongue: But you're right, I don't have anything to worry about right now
Hi there guys?

Im just about to go into my first year at York studying a BSc Mathematics, can anyone rate York graduates prospects? What other uni does York compare too.
Just decide what you wanna do early then network and you'll be fine.
My project has started coming together! :gah: I know more about water :tongue:
Reply 7887
Can I still do maths in uni with a C grade in As maths if I get predicted an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Taffie
Can I still do maths in uni with a C grade in As maths if I get predicted an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is there a certain reason why you got a C in AS Maths? If not then I don't personally think you'll be cut out for a Maths degree if you're getting that type of grade at A level. :redface:
Reply 7889
Is there a certain reason why you got a C in AS Maths? If not then I don't personally think you'll be cut out for a Maths degree if you're getting that type of grade at A level. :redface:

Yeah I wasn't feeling well and I only messed up only one module which is mechanics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Taffie
Yeah I wasn't feeling well and I only messed up only one module which is mechanics

Posted from TSR Mobile

What were your module scores?
Hi, I just found this thread. It'll be cool if we can get some current uni mathmos on this chat and talk about some maths over this summer! :biggrin:
Any Warwick mathmos on here? :smile:
Original post by Smash50
Any Warwick mathmos on here? :smile:

mathmo.jpg
Original post by nohomo

Hi!! Which year are you in? :biggrin:
I never even knew there was a thread for this.

Subbing.
Original post by rayquaza17
I never even knew there was a thread for this.

Subbing.

Which uni are you attending? :smile:
Oh, this thread has actvitiy again :tongue:
Original post by Smash50
Which uni are you attending? :smile:

Newcastle, you? :smile:
Original post by rayquaza17
Newcastle, you? :smile:

Warwick, and I just finished first year :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest