The Student Room Group

Can I use my previous years A Level grades for clearing?

Last year I did A Level Bio, Chem and Psych in the hopes of doing Pharmacy at uni. I ended up getting a C,D,E and retook my A Levels this year but I realised that i dont want to do Pharmacy and would much rather do Engineering instead. I might end up getting worse this year in chemistry or biology but i have enough points to get into foundation engineering at DMU or maybe Aston so could i use my grades i got last year when i apply through clearing?
Original post by moo3654
Last year I did A Level Bio, Chem and Psych in the hopes of doing Pharmacy at uni. I ended up getting a C,D,E and retook my A Levels this year but I realised that i dont want to do Pharmacy and would much rather do Engineering instead. I might end up getting worse this year in chemistry or biology but i have enough points to get into foundation engineering at DMU or maybe Aston so could i use my grades i got last year when i apply through clearing?

Hi! This is irrelevant to your question but I am re-sitting bio and chem and got similar grades last year too, why do you think you will get worse this year?
Reply 2
yes
Reply 3
Original post by emmyisthebest01
Hi! This is irrelevant to your question but I am re-sitting bio and chem and got similar grades last year too, why do you think you will get worse this year?

I just didnt put the effort in again and also because last year the grade boundaries were quite low and the papers looked relatively easy. I only decided to choose these subjects because my older brother is doing medicine and my older sister is a pharmacist so thought i had to do something similar but I've always been a maths/physics guy and was leaning towards doing pursuing maths at uni or engineering. I quickly realised though that im simply not interested in doing a biology or medical related career and i my problem is that i can only really study for things i enjoy but it was only about a month ago that i decided to tell my parents and they straight up told me that no one forced me to do it and if i want to do engineering then go for it. Tbh i think i will get a B in Psychology but im not so sure about the other 2.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by moo3654

Hi there @moo3654 - I hope you're doing okay:fluffy: Sorry for our delayed response - it's been a busy summer as I'm sure you've had too!:biggrin:

If you are worried about your grades and unsure of what your next steps may be, still, then you can of course call DMU and any other Universities you're considering for a chat!:call2:

Here is a space for FAQ's and if you're considering whether Clearing is for you:hmmmm:, check out this thread, and a few helpful links below:
UCAS Terms And Abbreviations Explained | UCAS
Clearing FAQs

Please do fire away with any questions!

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.
Call us for a chat on 0116 257 7000:call:
Or WhatsApp on 07970 655 800📱
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending