The Student Room Group

Liverpool vs Leicester for Aerospace?

hey ya'll. missed out on both my firm and insurance but i have two clearing offers from liverpool and leicester which i'm pretty happy about. for me, i prefer the more vibrant city of liverpool and i understand that it's slightly more prestiguous than leicester, but i wanted to get some opinions on the course quality at both unis. i was hoping to get some views from both sides of the coin really :smile:

i understand that there was a post on this, but i saw that was dated 11 years ago and just wanted to know if there was any updates since then
Reply 1
Original post by ramy2004
hey ya'll. missed out on both my firm and insurance but i have two clearing offers from liverpool and leicester which i'm pretty happy about. for me, i prefer the more vibrant city of liverpool and i understand that it's slightly more prestiguous than leicester, but i wanted to get some opinions on the course quality at both unis. i was hoping to get some views from both sides of the coin really :smile:

i understand that there was a post on this, but i saw that was dated 11 years ago and just wanted to know if there was any updates since then

If its was space science Id be inclinded to say Leicester because Leicester is quite well know to be a part of the space programmes, but Liverpool, I would have to agree when it comes to the city. Is there a chat to a sudent feature on any of their websites? Im just wondering if there is a student that hs done the course there which can help answer any questions.
Original post by ramy2004

Being happy in your university city is really important and shouldn’t be underestimated. It’s your home for at least three years.

Is there an opportunity for a year in industry at Liverpool? Or find out about placements or summer internships.

Are there clearing offer holder open days happening this weekend? That could be a helpful trip to either uni.

Congrats on both your Clearing offers :h:
Reply 4
If you don’t mind me asking what grades did you get I’m planning to go to leister for the same course can you tell me what grades they offered you
Original post by Ghostlady
If its was space science Id be inclinded to say Leicester because Leicester is quite well know to be a part of the space programmes, but Liverpool, I would have to agree when it comes to the city. Is there a chat to a sudent feature on any of their websites? Im just wondering if there is a student that hs done the course there which can help answer any questions.
Reply 5
Original post by 4waizzz
If you don’t mind me asking what grades did you get I’m planning to go to leister for the same course can you tell me what grades they offered you

i got an ACD with the A in maths, but it's entirely possible that I just got lucky with clearing
Reply 6
Original post by 4waizzz

Me lol no my eldest goes to uni. She didnt get into Oxford, but she got to Lancaster and it was covid year, so the grades were teacher assessed so theres grade inflation back then. She studies particle physics and at the time was interested in physics with astrophysics, so we went to Leicester on open day and twice too (for the space reason). My cousin who is a year older than my daughter, he went to Bristol to do aerospace and although he got the degree, he ended being an entrepenuer lol.
The phys with astro at Leicester she was offered a BBC (think it was ABB at the time) and its now in clearing at CCC.

100% look and go through each module with a fine tooth comb. My youngest got into hers today and shes in Reading (different course (zoology)) and because she was torn between that uni and Chester, it took her writting out the modules, putting in pros and cons of each module on a sheet, and Reading just had the edge with one more module she liked than Chesters and that was on venoms and poisons, it just swayed her. Maybe if you can do like write the uni modules down for each, and have rank the descriptions of the modules and how you think you will like them personally to study, maybe give them a mark and see which one comes out on top? that way you will know which course you like more. A little bit unconventional, but worked for the youngest and helped her sway one more than another.
Then come tomorrow, speak with students on those two links and discuss things like internships and student support. its alright having a good course, but if your netwrok cant help with an internship, thats a deal breaker really.

Quick Reply

Latest