The Student Room Group

i think ive messed up

im a mature student, and have not studied for 100 years, so ill start at the begining, i started an open university course way back in feb 09, i am now completing my final assignment, however i had looked at getting into a local university, i live in essex,the closet to me with out a car, was university of east london, however i have since purchased a car, and attended, my first tutorial, and realise its probably not where i want to be, the new beginings course is so basic, i feel it will pull me back having worked so hard this year at open uni, ive since researched other uni,s and spoke to a friend who is a post grad student in glasgow,and she said it may not be a good uni, but i wanted to start my undergraduate in feb 10 , im looking to study in the same field im currently studying social sciences, but have no clue how to begin , am i to late for feb ? will my open university gain me access? which are the best universities recognised in the essex area? it feels like a mine field sorry if this is a big ask
marymitch
im a mature student, and have not studied for 100 years

Reply 2
lol...thats not very helpful
Reply 3
marymitch
im a mature student, and have not studied for 100 years, so ill start at the begining, i started an open university course way back in feb 09, i am now completing my final assignment, however i had looked at getting into a local university, i live in essex,the closet to me with out a car, was university of east london, however i have since purchased a car, and attended, my first tutorial, and realise its probably not where i want to be, the new beginings course is so basic, i feel it will pull me back having worked so hard this year at open uni, ive since researched other uni,s and spoke to a friend who is a post grad student in glasgow,and she said it may not be a good uni, but i wanted to start my undergraduate in feb 10 , im looking to study in the same field im currently studying social sciences, but have no clue how to begin , am i to late for feb ? will my open university gain me access? which are the best universities recognised in the essex area? it feels like a mine field sorry if this is a big ask

I don't wish to be rude, but even 100 years ago people were expected to know when to use capital letters and punctuation. On that basis alone, I would recommend you update your literacy standard in preparation for university.

Not sure which universities have a February '10 intake, the academic year usually begins in September; so, realistically, to the best of my knowledge, you should be looking at September '10.

Speak to your "New Beginnings" tutor about the best route, afterall, that is what they are there for :smile:

Good luck :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending