The Student Room Group

I think i failed my first year of uni

I study chem
Semester 1 i did good but semester 2 i messed up 2 of my modules and then had a resit but they didnt go tht well i think i may have failed one core module
I might get kicked out
Idk what to do
Do i retake the year? Is it really worth it for chem?
I was jus thinking of doing some computer science or data science related degree from the open univeristy im not sure if i have enough motivation in me to redo the whole year
But then is it worth transferring from a russel group uni to the open univeristy?
Im so confused...most ppl seem to know what they wanna do w their life but ive messed up badly and i acc dont know what i wannna do?
Reply 1
Hey there! That's a super sucky position to be in, but my advice would be to try and remain calm until you get your results back (easier said than done).

If you do end up failing any of your modules, I would recommend talking to people at your university such as tutors or course advisors who can help you with the best next steps to take, whether that is at your current uni or somewhere else. I know people who have failed core modules in their degrees who have gone on to be happy and successful, so know that regardless of the outcome, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

You're only in your first year of university, so there's no need to know what exactly you want to do with the rest of your life. In some respects, it can be better to keep an open mind as having tunnel vision can work against you and blind you to other opportunites. Some of those who know what they want to do may end up to regret it later.

I can't really comment specifically on your questions, so hopefully someone else can.

All the best!
Reply 2
Original post by JadeEG
Hey there! That's a super sucky position to be in, but my advice would be to try and remain calm until you get your results back (easier said than done).

If you do end up failing any of your modules, I would recommend talking to people at your university such as tutors or course advisors who can help you with the best next steps to take, whether that is at your current uni or somewhere else. I know people who have failed core modules in their degrees who have gone on to be happy and successful, so know that regardless of the outcome, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

You're only in your first year of university, so there's no need to know what exactly you want to do with the rest of your life. In some respects, it can be better to keep an open mind as having tunnel vision can work against you and blind you to other opportunites. Some of those who know what they want to do may end up to regret it later.

I can't really comment specifically on your questions, so hopefully someone else can.

All the best!

I was thinking of transferring over to another course but i contacted the department and they said they r full
We get our results on the 22nd and all courses start on the 26th like proper teaching n tht
Idk why they r giving us our results so late
It jus adds to the stress
Hi, what uni are you in?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, what uni are you in?

Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending