The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
lolimemma
I love that pocket thing you have. I so want one!!

Dundee halls:
(Pretty much all of the rooms look like this nowadays)

Is that Belmont or Heathfield? Haven't been in them yet.

You've not exactly personalised it though...

Personally I think the rooms in West Park Villas are the nicest out of the Dundee accom, if not the biggest or closest to the uni.

Yep, double flippin' beds. Bastards.
Reply 61
Looks like a sauna with all the wood everywhere...

I won't be posting a pic of mine until I've tidied up :p:
Reply 62
Lib North

Personally I think the rooms in West Park Villas are the nicest out of the Dundee accom, if not the biggest or closest to the uni.

It looks too much like a hotel to me :s-smilie: I wouldnt be able to settle :redface:
Reply 63
ThaYeh but that's an empty room. It would probably look great with someone living in it, a lot more personal.
Reply 64
Personally I think Belmont Flats look nicer than the West Park Villas accomodation. I am not too keen on all the wood. Although I am sure it would look nicer after being personalised.
Reply 65
Lib North

Jealous...
Really does look like a standard hotel room.
How much does it cost weekly?
Reply 66
HALe
Jealous...
Really does look like a standard hotel room.
How much does it cost weekly?

Hmm... just had a look on the website, which isn't very clear about costs.

"RESIDENCES CONTRACTUAL DATES - 8 September 2007 to 31 May 2008 (38 weeks).

Standard Ensuite; £318.84 rent + £60 service charges per month.* Contract Total £3,598.98.
Premier Ensuite; £335.36 rent + £60 service charges per month.* Contract Total £3,755.92."

I'm not sure what qualifies as a "standard ensuite" or a "premier one" - this applys to all uni residences, except an old, crap one. I suppose it's "premier", but I'm not certain.

Also found out you can't smoke in any of our uni residences anymore - even the bedrooms. Jeez. I don't think the students back in my day would've coped. Wonder what all the delightful stoners will do... maybe go to the cemetary or something.
Reply 67
L0RA
It looks too much like a hotel to me :s-smilie: I wouldnt be able to settle :redface:

You youngsters with your choices and your fancy kitchens.
Reply 68
You guys complain about yours being prison cells. This was my room in Cell Block M of Swansea Institute's townhill Halls.

There is no excuse for the mess in the second half of the picture. No excuse at all :frown:
Reply 69
Hahaha!! You actually have plaster on your walls...that is not a prison cell. We had exposed bricks and everything!!

(I'll try and find a pic...later...)
Reply 70
Angelil
Hahaha!! You actually have plaster on your walls...that is not a prison cell. We had exposed bricks and everything!!

(I'll try and find a pic...later...)

bet you had carpet though... not cold, hard, lino-esque tiling..
Reply 71
HagerVor
You guys complain about yours being prison cells. This was my room in Cell Block M of Swansea Institute's townhill Halls.

There is no excuse for the mess in the second half of the picture. No excuse at all :frown:

Is it just me that can't see the bed :confused:
Reply 72
supercat
Is it just me that can't see the bed :confused:

picture taken in an open doorway. door to the right.. single bed just behind the door.
Reply 73
Hagervor just admit it, you have no bed, you sleep standing. By admitting, you'll win this 'who has the worst room argument" going on.
Reply 74
Epicurus
Hagervor just admit it, you have no bed, you sleep standing. By admitting, you'll win this 'who has the worst room argument" going on.

that's just what i said. well.. i had a blue fleecy throw from ikea.. i covered myself in it and slept in the blue easy chair.

I forgot to mention that the water that came out of the cold tap was so white.. when poured into a glass it could be mistaken for slightly diluted milk.. and the water that came out of the hot tap was yellow... with the temperature one could have mistaken it for strong urine.

To top it off for the lead in the worst accomodation section.. i present to you a picture of the kitchen. bear in mind this picture was taken when the kitchen was "clean".
Reply 75
That is dire. How much is that costing you?
Reply 76
db
That is dire. How much is that costing you?

i moved out last month thank god... but it was £49 a week... you may say cheap.. but it was swansea and the majority of student residences are around that price there.
Reply 77
Christ on a blue bike. How many people shared the 'kitchen'?
Reply 78
db
Christ on a blue bike. How many people shared the 'kitchen'?

10!
Reply 79
HagerVor

Lol, is the top one after the cleaner had been in there, and the bottom before?! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending