The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

squeak
They're supposedly a fire hazard, but I had them the 2 years I was in halls, even with inspections.

They are now packed :P :woo:
Becca-Sarah
Yeh. I was gonna use thin dressmaker style pins, not the thicker ones you use for noticeboards, and hope that if they're right in the corners that they won't be noticable when I take them out. Else it's a tub of polyfilla for me!

My friend and I put normal pins in the wall to hold up a fabric poster type thing she had, and we got all of our deposit back at the end of the year...

What do these look like? :o: I might already have some :s-smilie: though I don't know for sure :s-smilie: Do you think that they will be able to pin up material to and from the ceiling too? Because I have these really big veils/sari material or whatever they're called :o: in blue-green and magenta-orange that I'm thinking of putting up on the ceiling above my bed like a sunset skyscape or a sunset over the ocean.:smile:

Also, does anyone know whether it's possible to get any of those contemporary clothes hooks that you can attach onto the back of doors and on the outside of the wardrobe, to hang coats and dresses up so that they don't get creased and take up most of the wardrobe hanging spcae, without using nails to get them in? If you know what I mean?:s-smilie:
Reply 783
Elements
Also, does anyone know whether it's possible to get any of those contemporary clothes hooks that you can attach onto the back of doors and on the outside of the wardrobe, to hang coats and dresses up so that they don't get creased and take up most of the wardrobe hanging spcae, without using nails to get them in? If you know what I mean?:s-smilie:

you get can them from B & Q or homeware stores, they hook onto the top of your door.
leala4628
You could put work in it :wink:

I don't have many posters etc so I'll be putting my books in places to make it look like I do work. Plus I was thinking of putting postcards on my noticeboard in my room. I'm a bit of an oddball though...

I had a few posters last year on my wardrobe and stuff but nothing on the walls as the paint comes off so easily. I did the postcard thing though and am doing again this year - I have some clear plastic drawers so I have them in those to add interest to the drawers but also keep the contents a bit more private lol.

I had lots of cushions, photos [bucket loads], books and films etc on display as well as flowers, my zen "garden" and buddha statue. My room was really tidy though - everything in its place - as I think I would go mad if it was a mess lol. :smile:
Reply 785
I have a 6ft T-rex named Hamish in mine. He hides my dirty washing >.<

Spoiler

Reply 786
Fawn
I have a 6ft T-rex named Hamish in mine. He hides my dirty washing >.<

Spoiler

Lol that would give me nightmares.
Reply 787
Absinth
Lol that would give me nightmares.

It gives guests staying over a shock when they walk past with the door slightly ajar :awesome:
Nobody putting up any pics of their new rooms for this year? :biggrin:

Ill do mine in a bit :smile:
Here's my room at Leicester - GMS Halls :smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Here's me! Keble College, Oxford.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

pinkpenguin
Here's me! Keble College, Oxford.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

My friend's at Keble :smile:
Redpanda91
My friend's at Keble :smile:

PPE-ist? If so, I've met her :smile:
pinkpenguin
PPE-ist? If so, I've met her :smile:

Yeah! Ah that's random :p: She may seem a bit odd but she's lovely really :yes: We've been friends for about 6 years now :smile:
Here's my room in Fylde College, Lancaster University.

It's an 'extra-large, superior en-suite' room costing £102.50 a week.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

:smile:
Reply 795
I'd photograph my room but it's so messy right now - nowhere near enough storage space.
Jengerbil89
Here's my room in Fylde College, Lancaster University.

It's an 'extra-large, superior en-suite' room costing £102.50 a week.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

:smile:

A triple wardrobe?! *is jealous* lol. :smile:
affinity89
A triple wardrobe?! *is jealous* lol. :smile:

I know I had no idea what to expect with the room - but in particular I wasn't expecting such a big wardrobe this time round..

Latest

Trending

Trending