The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My dad and my boyfriend take me to uni. Stick around for around an hour, helping me unpack big stuff and put furniture together, then they leave :smile: xx
bhap08
They Will Probably Be Glad To See The Back Of You To Be Honest.

everytime i see you posts you always seem bitter, or are you being sarcastic:dontknow:
Too long :mute:
Reply 23
my mum helped me unpack go shopping (we arrived at about 1pm) and then by 8 we headed to dundee looool, slept there, came back and she left the next day at 2pm... so, a long time... i love my mum ^_^ hehe
Reply 24
First year, helped to get stuff up to 3rd floor and helped to unpack some of it then left (so about an hour, I hadnt lived with either parents for a couple of years) then this year about 5 mins as I brought my stuff down two weeks before I moved in so didnt hang around then came down on the train when I left my job.
Lover's Knot
I was on the 4th floor and my dad and mum helped to bring the stuff up from the car, dad fell from the stairs and we took him to hospital and he died there. That day was the longest day of my life.

OMG that's so sad :frown:
Reply 26
My parents unpacked my stuff, we went out for lunch and dinner. They slept over for the first few nights. We shared the bet. Luckily I was the big spoon though.
Reply 27
Indieboohoo
everytime i see you posts you always seem bitter, or are you being sarcastic:dontknow:

I'm probably a bit of both to be perfectly honest. I'm a Nice Guy though if you get to know me.:biggrin:
Not long. The first time I went to uni (last year), me and my dad dropped my stuff off then went to get a Subway. He phoned my mum and I spoke to her for a bit, then he drove home. He was there perhaps two hours. Since then, me and him lug my suitcases up to my room and then he goes. I typically go and eat, wander around Oxford for a bit revelling in being back there again, stock up on food and whatnot, then unpack.
Reply 29
MustGetA's
Did they stay and help you unpack EVERYTHING? Did they help you do the initial food shopping? (for self-catered accommodation)
did they want to meet other parents/flatmates?

did they cry at the end? :frown:

please share

My parents won't do any of what you listed. (Except cry, that they WILL do).

What they are going to do is stick around for a whole week (stay at a B&B nearby), and keep their phone handy. If I need anything (desperate stuff, not like, I want candy, go get me some), they are willing to go and get it for me.

Otherwise, pretty independent.
First year, a while. I was on 3rd floor so they helped me unpack. Then we walked into town and had a look around so I could get familiar with where things are (I'm awful at finding things).

Then went back up to my halls, ate from local chip shop. Then had a drive around again just so I could get another general idea of things.

Then they left. So there a few hours. But they stayed overnight in some B&B about 20 mins away, and saw me off the next morning properly.

For second year, my mom helped me unpack a little and that was it.

This year my dad will help me unpack and he'll shoot off as it's my sister's 18th.
Lover's Knot
I was on the 4th floor and my dad and mum helped to bring the stuff up from the car, dad fell from the stairs and we took him to hospital and he died there. That day was the longest day of my life.

thats made my day that has fair play
Reply 32
I was on the 4th floor too and my entire extended family helped to bring the stuff up from the car, we all fell from the stairs and went to hospital and we all died there. That day was the shortest day of my life.
Vikaman
My parents won't do any of what you listed. (Except cry, that they WILL do).

What they are going to do is stick around for a whole week (stay at a B&B nearby), and keep their phone handy. If I need anything (desperate stuff, not like, I want candy, go get me some), they are willing to go and get it for me.

Otherwise, pretty independent.

How adorable. It must be nice for them to have so much time to burn. Is your mum attractive?
Reply 34
Joel4fun4u
How adorable. It must be nice for them to have so much time to burn. Is your mum attractive?

Yeap, but she doesn't dig people with negative rep.
Vikaman
Yeap, but she doesn't dig people with negative rep.

Yes she does. She has to. It's her job. HAAAA!!

Latest

Trending

Trending