The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

well we took the stuff up to the room (on the 5th floor :frown:) then went to lunch with other people we knew then my dad left. no crying lol
Reply 2
First year they helped me move my stuff out the car, took about an hour, then they stayed for a cup of tea, then stayed a little longer cos they could see I wanted them to, but had to leave because of the long journey home. No more than 2.5 hours. No tears.
I was on the 4th floor and my dad and mum helped to bring the stuff up from the car, dad fell from the stairs and we took him to hospital and he died there. That day was the longest day of my life.
My parents helped move everything in and set everything up. They were interested in who the fellow housemates were but were carefully not to end up having to introduce themselves to anyone! I had to heavily hint that they could go in the end :biggrin:
Reply 5
Lover's Knot
I was on the 4th floor and my dad and mum helped to bring the stuff up from the car, dad fell from the stairs and we took him to hospital and he died there. That day was the longest day of my life.

Seriously? :lolwut:
They stayed with me from when we arrived at about 9:30am until around 6:30-7pm that night.

They helped me unload the car, then we went to lunch, did the food shop, sorted all that, put it away etc. Then they helped me unpack most of my stuff, sort out my internet, tv (getting signal and all that kind of stuff)

My mum cried when they had to leave, my dad didnt.
Lover's Knot

(rofl)
Reply 8
They Will Probably Be Glad To See The Back Of You To Be Honest.
Lover's Knot

I hope you're joking... If not, I'll feel bad for laughing...
My parents stayed for around...4 hours I think? They helped me move in, unpack most things , then we got lunch at a local restaurant before they left. We all realised that I needed to get used to my surroundings and them being there wasn't helping.
Lover's Knot

:s-smilie:
around 5 mins... i'm hoping
Reply 13
Helped me unpack and get everything sorted then took me shopping for some clothes/food and brought it back.. then went back out looking for new places and had a meal and spent the day together til about 6pm.. me and my mum cried when saying goodbye :frown: I love my mum :frown:
Reply 14
Lover's Knot

That's not funny. My brother died that way.
Reply 15
They dropped my stuff off and then left.
Reply 16
Dropped at the lodge with my stuff and left there.
not long, first year they just stayed long enough to unload the car and take my stuff up, maybe a few mins to say bye etc, and yes my dad cried. but this year they literally only stayed about a minute after dumping my stuff in my living room n then rushed off somewhere without much of a goodbye.
Reply 18
they helped me unpack a bit, and then they left. so they stuck around for about an hour.
Reply 19
Helped me unpack, took me shopping, ate (Burger King :shifty:), they went home, I cried after they left.

Latest

Trending

Trending