The Student Room Group

The 'right' uni?

So.. I've got AS and A levels before going to uni but lately I've started looking on the internet at possible options.

At this moment in time - obviously it could change - I know that my future involves Religious Studies. I want to teach it at secondary level after my degree.

So this is what I'm thinking - Teachers in my chosen subjects believe that I have a high possiblity of 4As at A-level...

Therefore if I have the opportunity to attend Durham or somewhere similar... should I go there because it's more renowned?

Entry is 3As in comparison to Lancaster, entry is ABB for a joint RS and History degree which looks fantastic and more interesting than some courses at different unis. Mainly those with higher entry needs?

Of course I know I should go to the uni which suits me as a person...
But I can't help but wonder whether it would hinder my future because employers may not be impressed with my place of study?

*Also, I have yet to visit and everything else because it is still a long time away... but just got me thinking.
Reply 1
Lancaster is still a really good uni, so i very much doubt emplyers will be put off. If the course looks good then go for it! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending