The Student Room Group

Cambridge

Is it possible for a student in Cambridge to visit other colleges?
i.e. student from king's college go take a look of queen's college and so on
Original post by smmcc_001
Is it possible for a student in Cambridge to visit other colleges?
i.e. student from king's college go take a look of queen's college and so on

You can visit other Colleges and students do it all the time to go to supervisions, meet friends, participate in uni societies. Depending on where you are going and how often you visit, there's no need to go via the Porter's lodge except the first time if you need directions.

Cam Cards are for alumni etc. As a student or employee, your uni card shows your college membership by having the college colours in the top right corner.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
You can visit other Colleges and students do it all the tiem to go to supervisions, meet friends, participate in uni societies. Depending on where you are goign and hwo often you visit, there's no need to go via the Porter's lodge except the first time if you need directions/

Cam Cards are for alumni etc. As a student or employee, your uni card shows your college membership by having the college colours in the top right corner.

right so the student uni card enables students to "visit" other colleges to meet friends and stuff right?
right so the student uni card enables students to "visit" other colleges to meet friends and stuff right?

Yes, it acts as the evidence you are a student. Depending on how your College has things set up, it is also an access card to various rooms in College like the library, possibly your library card, and your payment card for food etc in College
Reply 4
Original post by threeportdrift
Yes, it acts as the evidence you are a student. Depending on how your College has things set up, it is also an access card to various rooms in College like the library, possibly your library card, and your payment card for food etc in College

ohh okay, thank you!
Reply 5
Could you please tell me if it's possible for a student to bring in other people who have no relation with Cambridge? As in more than just a tourist. i.e. family, friends from other universities etc
Could you please tell me if it's possible for a student to bring in other people who have no relation with Cambridge? As in more than just a tourist. i.e. family, friends from other universities etc

Yes, my daughter often shows friends or family around her college and she has had friends stay with her in her room you just need to sign them in with the porter
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #1
Yes, my daughter often shows friends or family around her college and she has had friends stay with her in her room you just need to sign them in with the porter
hmm okay, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending