The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Does anyone have any notes for the prerelease jan '10? :s-smilie: or any potential questions that might come up, any helpful material.. anything? not going well....
Reply 41
This is so hard
I have been worrying so much and have hardly got anything productive done. Not long to go till the exam and I havent even started proper revision.
Its so hard to motivate yourself and Im scared :frown:

Is it true that we can resit 2888 in June too? Is this true for 2886 and 2884 too? I need to find out!

Right now Im working on some FDI notes, I will post them up here when I have done them.

Anyone got any contributions? Lets help eachother out to make the best of all of our ideas!
Reply 42
black_mac29
YAAY!
btw is anyone retaking any other units? I'm redoing 2885 and 2886 and my teach isnt really great :s-smilie:
yesyes emails will be awesome too... mine is [email protected], and got msn too... no spam please :biggrin:

I'm resitting 2885 and 2886 aswell. Even though i got B's in both.
How you finding the revision so far?
Reply 43
Mozzy0712

hi im resitting 2886 too
I got a C in it, do you know what came up in June's exam? Its hard to predict what might come up but its worth trying to see what hasnt come up in a while
Reply 44
MsP
hi im resitting 2886 too
I got a C in it, do you know what came up in June's exam? Its hard to predict what might come up but its worth trying to see what hasnt come up in a while

I don't know what came up on 2886 in june!
I did it in Jan 09!
ok im in the same position as you guys. i really wanted a european toolkit for jan 2010 2888, but looks like its not happening. i just joined right now, lemme just learn how to use this site and ima upload a few handouts my teacher done on europe his a very good and helpful economics teacher.
Reply 46
Mozzy0712
I don't know what came up on 2886 in june!
I did it in Jan 09!

Me too! I'll look it up in the June 09 markscheme

king_vegeta
ok im in the same position as you guys. i really wanted a european toolkit for jan 2010 2888, but looks like its not happening. i just joined right now, lemme just learn how to use this site and ima upload a few handouts my teacher done on europe his a very good and helpful economics teacher.

I know, I soo didnt cherish that toolkit in June as much as I should have :frown: It was so helpful, especially the mock paper it was almost spot on!

Thanks, the handouts would be soo helpful. Has your teacher had a look at the pre-release? I showed my teacher it and she gave me some feedback which I will add onto here.
Right now Im working on making my FDI notes, when Im done I'll share them here. Any contributions would be welcome! We can learn better by sharing ideas off eachother :smile:
Anyone know what can be asked about FDI in relation to the pre-release? Apart from how/why FDI caused economic growth?
how do i upload word documents onto this...?
Reply 48
king_vegeta
how do i upload word documents onto this...?

theres a little icon that looks like a paperclip, if you hover your mouse on it it says "attachment", it think thats how you attach them!
Mozzy0712

Revision's good... although I'm almost PURELY relying on this thread for 2888 revision... singing_birdie18 has helped too :smile:

singing_birdie18

cheers for the essays u e-mailed :biggrin:

MsP

Anyone know what can be asked about FDI in relation to the pre-release? Apart from how/why FDI caused economic growth?

Discuss the extent to which reliance on FDI as a part of GDP is a good decision by the Slovakian govt.
if you have an essay on how/why FDI led to development please put it up :smile:

king_vegeta

heres a few DEVELOPMENT handouts too. for economics ocr 2886 paper. for any1 retaking in jan 2010...

damn thats a ****load of links. better be worth it :P
Reply 52
Hello guys...I'm also sitting the exam in January for the 3rd time! I got Bs both times previously but I thought I'd share some of my pearls of wisdom with you all.

Every year its the same format...Extract 1 is qn 1, Extract 2 is qn 2 and so on...

Extract 1 is always a question where you have to analyse/describe/compare the trends in the diagrams. (6 marks)

Extract 2 is generally a graph question. E.G. Using a demand and supply diagram, show what effect an increase in investment will have on Slovakia's economy. **I personally think this question will be a PPF diagram question** (9 marks)

Extract 3 is generally a question that focuses on the benefits OR costs OR consequences. The extract itself seems to focus around the idea of a planned economy vs a free market. So i'm guessing it will be either the benefits or costs of having either. (10 marks)

Extract 4 is generally a benefits AND costs question. The only difference between the 4th question and the 5th question is that the 5th requires alot more evaluation. The extract is focused on FDI. It mentions some of its costs ("little of this kind of investment outside the capital"). I'm guessing its going to be regarding the benefits and costs of FDI in slovakia. e.g. comment on the extent to which FDI has been of benefit to Slovakia. (15 marks)

Extract 5 is the big question. "Discuss". Benefits, costs, consequences and evaluation. The extract is focused on the EU single currency. I'm guessing the question will be about the benefits, costs, consequences of the euro. (20 marks)

This years stimulus appears to be quite straight forward. If any of you have any ideas of websites that might help then please tell.

Thanks

Chris
Reply 53
Thank goodness I found this thread, even if I am 2 months late :biggrin: . Bit late now so will read the thread tomorrow, but having finally went over the stimulus properly for the 1st time this looks kinda like the one I did in Jan 09.

But at least its not as heavily based on just the single currency & Euro as that one. I'll try and dig up few of the notes I had for that & the tutor2u toolkit hopefully it'll be some help.Don't know why the hell I chose to do Europe then hardly revised for it, but definetly won't be repeating the same mistakes again.
Reply 54
MsP
This is so hard
I have been worrying so much and have hardly got anything productive done. Not long to go till the exam and I havent even started proper revision.
Its so hard to motivate yourself and Im scared :frown:

Is it true that we can resit 2888 in June too? Is this true for 2886 and 2884 too? I need to find out!

Right now Im working on some FDI notes, I will post them up here when I have done them.

Anyone got any contributions? Lets help eachother out to make the best of all of our ideas!

Hey, am soo worried about this exam without the toolkit like in june when I didnt utilise it enough even :frown: does anyone know how I can access notes that have been posted or essays.. I don't know how you're all sharing these notes but would be soo appreciative if you could help? good luck to everyone!!!
Reply 55
Hi, I am in a similar position. Got 36marks and needed 37 to get an A overall. Had it sent off for a remark and it stayed at 36. So basically, I need to get a high D or a C to get an A overall - and I don't want to be doing this in the summer exams.

I haven't started revision for this yet, but have just under 2 weeks to do so. I've read through the all of the topics suggested, but what do you think the main things to revise for are, as I have so little time? And does anyone have any good notes that they could share?

Thanks, and I'm glad there are people in the same boat as me!

Marcus
MarcusBoon
Hi, I am in a similar position. Got 36marks and needed 37 to get an A overall. Had it sent off for a remark and it stayed at 36. So basically, I need to get a high D or a C to get an A overall - and I don't want to be doing this in the summer exams.

I haven't started revision for this yet, but have just under 2 weeks to do so. I've read through the all of the topics suggested, but what do you think the main things to revise for are, as I have so little time? And does anyone have any good notes that they could share?

Thanks, and I'm glad there are people in the same boat as me!

Marcus

Scary... I'm in almost exactly the same boat as you. So any help from anyone would be much appreciated!

And isn't the exam on the 29th? So we have 8 days, just over 1 week.:smile:
Reply 57
besomebody
Scary... I'm in almost exactly the same boat as you. So any help from anyone would be much appreciated!

And isn't the exam on the 29th? So we have 8 days, just over 1 week.:smile:

That's enough time, if you are willing to put the hard work in!

Last year, we had a really bad economics teacher, so just messed around in lessons. Consequently, as soon as revision time comes along, we are all buggered. Half the class got A's and the other half U's. I did 2 and half days of hardcore revision and came out with 81/90. So this proves that you can 'wing it' last minute.

I have started today by:

- Reading this forum
- Reading through the case study (thinking about which topics might come up and how they relate to one another)
- Making a list of all the key topics that come up throughout the case study.

I always find that if I have a lift of things that I MUST cover, then I don't stress as much, as I can see how much left there is to revise.

If you want a copy of the list I have made, I can send it.

Marcus
Reply 58
MarcusBoon
That's enough time, if you are willing to put the hard work in!

Last year, we had a really bad economics teacher, so just messed around in lessons. Consequently, as soon as revision time comes along, we are all buggered. Half the class got A's and the other half U's. I did 2 and half days of hardcore revision and came out with 81/90. So this proves that you can 'wing it' last minute.

I have started today by:

- Reading this forum
- Reading through the case study (thinking about which topics might come up and how they relate to one another)
- Making a list of all the key topics that come up throughout the case study.

I always find that if I have a lift of things that I MUST cover, then I don't stress as much, as I can see how much left there is to revise.

If you want a copy of the list I have made, I can send it.

Marcus

Hi Marcus
Last year we had an economics teacher like that, we had to rely on ourselves and I agree that if the hard work is put in by yourself, it can be done! I got a few As that way too.

I have an exam tomorrow so I am concentrating on that today. From tomorrow onwards/saturday I will start hardcore 2888 revision.

If you could post up your list that would be great!
Reply 59
Message me your Email address, as i have hyperlinked appropriate notes to it aswell, so i'll send as a word document if you want it

Marcus

Latest

Trending

Trending