The Student Room Group

5th spot on ucas form

Hi. I love computer science especially AI and also maths. I’ve applied to 4 unis so far - Bristol Bath and Imperial, who all seem to be waiting until after Jan 31, and Southampton (have an offer). I’m predicted 3 a* and an A, and an A at EPQ . although some days I feel less confident
Not sure what to do with 5th place. I got a 6 in English gcse but otherwise decent grades. Since unis are so expensive, if I don’t get a course I like I’d rather resit. So-
- should I apply to Brunel or somewhere as a safety offer, or apply to do AI at kings which also seems to have a high grade offer, to increase my chances of getting a place from a higher ranking uni? ( risking 4 rejections potentially or a couple of high ranking offers.
Original post by snoopadoop
Hi. I love computer science especially AI and also maths. I’ve applied to 4 unis so far - Bristol Bath and Imperial, who all seem to be waiting until after Jan 31, and Southampton (have an offer). I’m predicted 3 a* and an A, and an A at EPQ . although some days I feel less confident
Not sure what to do with 5th place. I got a 6 in English gcse but otherwise decent grades. Since unis are so expensive, if I don’t get a course I like I’d rather resit. So-
- should I apply to Brunel or somewhere as a safety offer, or apply to do AI at kings which also seems to have a high grade offer, to increase my chances of getting a place from a higher ranking uni? ( risking 4 rejections potentially or a couple of high ranking offers.

I’ve applied queen Mary’s for computer science and Ai (with an offer) they pretty much would guarantee u an offer I haven’t seen anyone not get an offer there. I’ve also applied Ai at Kings but had no response, but I’ve seen other people on here that have. I got 3 A*s predicted so less than u, so u prolly got a better chance than me if u apply kings.
Reply 2
Thanks so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending